anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AC funny turns.  (Read 2809 times)

RDB

AC funny turns.
« on: December 05, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »
On three occasions this pm three AC at the western end of the NATS tracks I was tracking in Pilot view 3D did a180degree turn,they turned back a short time later.Any ideas?.Keep up the good work.thanks . RDB

Runway 31

Re: AC funny turns.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:04:46 PM »
Maybe they were early for their time over the waypoint and required to carry out a 180 to delay their entry to the oceanic track to meet their allocated time.

Alan

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
Re: AC funny turns.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:37 AM »
On three occasions this pm three AC at the western end of the NATS tracks I was tracking in Pilot view 3D did a180degree turn,they turned back a short time later.Any ideas?.Keep up the good work.thanks . RDB

Hi RDB,

This appears to be a problem with the aircraft heading data coming from the FAA ASDI data feed (either heading provided by the data feed or calculated from last position points provided by the data feed). I'm assuming that the aircraft icon(s) you experienced this with were "green" in color (indicating they were 5-min delayed FAA ASDI data). We are working to filter this incorrect heading before it makes it to the web application which cause this strange rotation behavior. Hopefully we will get these incorrect heading instances reduced in the future--it is something we are currently working on. Thanks for pointing it out.