anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Corruption  (Read 5625 times)

Wayne

Database Corruption
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
Hello

I have searched a number of pages back through the forum as I am sure I remember someone saying that entries in the database file were being corrupted and possibly through running the populate function in My Log ? Couldn't find the thread but last night I picked up an AAL flight and the Mode-S code was identifying the flight as a Cessna 172 along with the Cessna registration which was obviously incorrect. Unfortunately I didn't check what GAS linked the Mode-S to at the time.

What was the latest on this problem as it's the first example I have come across personally. Will it be something that will be corrected by a patch or is the only way to manually correct somehow ?

Wayne

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Database Corruption
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:22:30 PM »
The database "corruption" caused fields in the same row to swap round (the cn with the airline).

So that should have nothing to do with what you described. The Mode-S code will be first be checked against a internal database and if not found it will then poll the AirNav Servers which if the server don't have the data poll GAS.

Do you happen to have the Mode-S code which acted this way?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:58:27 PM »
No I never noted it although it will presumably be in the yesterday's log and so I will look into and check the Mode-S code. There was definately a reference to a Cessna 172, but will let you know when I trawl the log file.

EINN-07

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »
No I never noted it although it will presumably be in the yesterday's log and so I will look into and check the Mode-S code. There was definately a reference to a Cessna 172, but will let you know when I trawl the log file.

Wayne,

The particular instance you came across is a well known miscode with the AAL and the Cessna 172 - it shows up as a Cessna when it is in fact the AAL.

Marinus

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 06:20:15 PM »
Hiya,

Don't worry to much about these mismatches, according to Airframes.org
there are now 906 aircraft sending incorrect icao24 bit adresses on mode-s
ADS-B or HFDL, so you're likely to see more of them....

It's not the Radarbox software that is at fault in these cases !

Regards,

Marinus.

Wayne

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 06:28:42 PM »
Thanks for the responses everyone. Just checked the log and it is a Cessna 172 N7924B and the GAS website confirms this too but it was tagged to an AAL 777 flight. At least I am not going mad !

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »
Thanks for the responses everyone. Just checked the log and it is a Cessna 172 N7924B and the GAS website confirms this too but it was tagged to an AAL 777 flight. At least I am not going mad !

This is a well known one an incorrect hex from N799AN Boeing 777-223ER (B772) which should be using AAD981. In fact this aircraft is also transmitting its correct hex on occasions as it has two sets of equipment and only one is incorrectly set. It depends which one it is using at the time.

Regards

Mike