AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 1.6 anybody  (Read 39094 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Version 1.6 anybody
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 01:19:21 AM »
Another keyboard (and/or toolbar button) request:-

Ctrl - N Rotate map to North orientation

My map ends up in all sorts of weird orientations when I'm globetrotting - the only other way I've found of sorting it out is to choose Home and then navigate back to the place I was watching - and I'm not convinced that that works very well!

Perhaps there's another way of doing this, but I haven't found it.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »
A map suggestion. I've already said that it would be good to be able to use + and - to zoom in and out, and the arrow keys to pan the map, and indeed it would be good to have the map controls available when the map is full-screen.

I would also love to be able to have the active aircraft's photos/details panel as a floating box on the full-screen map - perhaps turned on and off with the Tab key.

I've done a mock-up (below).

Rod

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 10:38:18 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 03:12:50 PM »
Anothr request for the map - could you please make it opaque?

When I'm touring Australia, my home marker, compass rose and my polar diagram show through from the opposite side of the world, and it's most distracting!

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 03:18:50 PM »
Rod,

Why not just switch off the range rings/compass rose and the polar diagram?

You can also deselect "Draw centred at home location" for range rings and line of sight range.  The range rings and compass rose will then be centred on your map, no matter where you are :-)

I've noticed that this only happens if you have Spherical selected.  You don't see this effect in Mercator or Cartesian maps.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 03:21:33 PM by Allocator »

RodBearden

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
Normally I like them on, Allocator! And it's a hassle to turn them off just when I fancy a wander! As I've said before in this thread, it would help if we had the controls available when we have the map full screen.

And is there any advantage in having a transparent globe?

Thanks for the tip about the other projections, though!

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »
Hassle to turn them off ............. !!!!

There are 2 big buttons on the main menu bar to turn off the range rings and polar diagram :-)

Admittedly, you can't see these when you are in full screen view, but then I can't manage without the aircraft list - it's a good job that the RB program is so flexible.

Just pulling your leg :-)

Allocator

RodBearden

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 04:43:49 PM »
Totally agree about the flexibility - RB is indeed great - notice it's also my intiials (coincidence....???)

If AirNav enhance the full screen view in the ways I've been going on about in this thread, personally, I'd use it MUCH more than I do now.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
Another suggestion about the Photo/Details panel - could we please have the option of seeing it in Smartview as well as MyFlights and Network.

As in my suggestion for full screen map view, perhaps we could just turn it on and off on any of these screens by pressing TAB?

Rod
Rod

cosmoc

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 01:30:27 AM »
Hi Airnav
i was wondering from the info that the aircraft send to the RB. can it tell you what altitude the plane is asending or desending to? because his would be a nice option to have to have:-)

marcdeklerk

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 05:30:45 AM »
cosmoc,
 I dont think it is possible, as the altitude selection does not form part of the FMC(flight managment computer) on the aircraft. As I understand it, only the information from the FMC gets transmitted.. that is where the Flight ID, and route come from. The Transponder sends out the Mode S code which in turn gets registered on RB using the database to get the registration.

Only the cruising Altitude gets stored in the FMC for fuel planning.

hope this helps..

cosmoc

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:23 AM »
thank for that:-)
i was just curiouse
lots of traffic around yssy at the moment!

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2008, 07:07:55 AM »
I was wondering from the info that the aircraft send to the RB. can it tell you what altitude the plane is asending or desending to? because his would be a nice option to have to have:-)
Mode S Enhanced Surveillance (EHS) does indeed include what's termed "vertical intent", i.e. the selected altitude from the FMS, so there's no reason why that couldn't be decoded and displayed along with all the other parameters.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

LiveATC

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2008, 12:25:40 PM »
translated at the height of foot metric, as well as vertical speed in meters per second

jgrloit

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2008, 12:21:20 PM »
I wonder if there is any interest in a newer version giving details on the Network screen, of where the AirNav Box is located that has seen, and fed the flight data to the Network?

Also is there any way on the Network Quick Filter to catch details of Non-Location transmitting flights, with the originating source information to show a general direction of movement of flights such as the 4 Tornados that I recently spotted in Myflights on my system.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
jgrloit,

No there isn't regarding the network data. We don't see priority in whether you need to know where a box is located and who is feeding a certain flight. Maybe in the future.

The network is for ADS-B flights and if we added Mode-S flights as well it would make things very chaotic. As linked to above this would not be possible now.

Anyhow we hope all aircraft will be moving to ADS-B over the next few years :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]