AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 1.6 anybody  (Read 39101 times)

steveb25

Version 1.6 anybody
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:46:41 AM »
Since the release of v1.5 and it seems most of the problems resolved?

There are still a few issues outstanding, or so it seems from this forum.

I suppose this message is to Airnav, but is there any forecast on v1.6?

I know the stock answer will be soon, but i am still having a few issues with freezing and ideally would like to get them resolved.

Once again thanks to the team fro the very quick response to get v1.5 out, but any firther news would i know from this quarter be appeciated

Steve

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Version 1.6 anybody
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »
Yes :) We are running 1.6 as we speak doing testing (has been for about a week). The major bug fixes are:

1.) Recorder Issues rectified
2.) Minimization Issues rectified

As well as others. More information should be released soon once it goes into beta testing. We expect a few weeks from now.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

steveb25

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the info, great news look forward to the release

Roger

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 04:47:33 PM »
Can I suggest that when 1.6 is released you post the release to the "Announcements" section - I know of at least one user (my father) who didn't know about 1.4 let alone 1.5 because their releases are now buried many messages down a post some pages down this discussion board. 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:13:53 PM »
It is mentioned on the support section of RadarBox on the main site but suggestion noted.
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:20:49 PM »
Will version 1.6 be less processor intensive?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:25:02 PM »
1.5 is not processor intensive, are you having problems?

FFM

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:43 PM »
I do have 1.4 installed right now and this one is bringing my 1.8 GHZ from normal 50 % to 100 % when running...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
Send us your pc specs to support so we can do some tests. Ifs its 1.8 P4 machine then thats 5/6 years old and it maybe you have turned all functions on and need to tune them down a bit.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:56:39 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

EINN-07

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »
I do have 1.4 installed right now and this one is bringing my 1.8 GHZ from normal 50 % to 100 % when running...
What Anti Virus are you running ? Do you also have Windows Defender running ? Look at Task Manager to see what processes are running. It would be very strange if RB is slowing down your PC to that extent.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 07:49:10 AM »

V1.5 is much less processor intensive than V1.5 - this was one of the major programming changes for V1.5.

Why are you still using V1.4?

FFM

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »
I am using 1.4 until all the reported problems have been solved with program freezes, etc.
My machine has 100 GB of harddrive (50 % free), 1.8 GHZ Pentium 4, 1 GB of RAM. I am not running any virus software, etc. on this machine, because it is not on the network.
The memory usage, etc. is not the problem. But the processor is heavily used by radarbox.
Why does it need so much processing power?
I am also running Astrogenic lightning detector and sometimes there are hundreds of lightnings detected per minute and displayed on a map. So basically similar to what radarbox is doing and this software is only using 5 % of CPU...

What do you guys mean with turn the functions down a bit???

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 08:01:12 PM »
We can only suggest for you to move to 1.5 as only the recorder causes issues in 1.5 otherwise its much more stable than 1.4 especially the database.

A 1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 is quite old in computer standards now (2002 machine). RadarBox is is handling a lot calculations for every aircraft it gets it needs to get the details, collect them together, display them graphically, add to the database, get a picture etc.. Your lightning detector is less advanced by the data being passed and shown to you hence it is not as intensive enough.

Turning down functions:

1.) Reduce refresh time for aircraft in preferences
2.) Display one photo rather than two
3.) Reduce the extra details in the maps that you don't need

Hope that helps. At the end of the day your machine is a bit slow and hence we can't create a miracle :)
[email protected]

FFM

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
Well, I have the update refresh rate turned down to 5000 ms. When I go even higher with the ms, RB does not show any aircraft anymore (e.g. when I go to 10000 ms - no aircarft is displayed at all - this may be a bug in the software?).
I do not display any photo by the way...

What I do not understand is the fact that on one hand you say a 500 Mhz machine will be enough to run radarbox and on the other you say a 1.8 Ghz machine seems not to be sufficient?

Do not get me wrong, I am not "complaining", but it seems that other users also do have a problem with slow menu display, etc.
I am only pointing to the direction that this may be an option for improvement.

After all, I am happy with radarbox and what it can do and it is fun to watch the aircrafts above!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
What was mention in the other post was that if you are in an area where there is low traffic then yes a slow pc will work fine.

However if you have heavy traffic then it will cause a problem as many more ADS-B messages to deal with it.

We do listen to customers and are taking onboard comments :)
[email protected]