AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Various comments  (Read 54007 times)

neroon79

Re: Various comments
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
At the decoded METAR Lable is it somehow possible to add the windspeed in knots. Because I'm living in the metric world or if I'm with my hobby I'm with the nautical measures (nm and kt). Because I've absolutely no relation with the non metric mile measures.

Thanks in advance!

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Runway 31

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »
Hi

Routes which have a via in addition to the org/dest appear to be problamatic.  An example is CAL52 which is showing as NZAA-YSSY when is should show NZAA-YSSY-RCTP.

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2013, 01:15:13 AM »
Many thanks for putting the time on the events ticker, 3D Dev.

Rod
Rod

ACW367

« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2013, 02:46:33 AM »
Posted by: AirNav 3D Development

We've removed this option as it we want to keep things simple: if you have less than X aircraft on screen detailed icons will be shown otherwise only simple icons.

Posted by: AirNav 3D Development

I added a new field labeled "Position" to the Flight tab. Do others find this field useful?

RB24 Dev, thank you very much for continuing to evolve the RB24 software through these small patches to deliver upgrades and bug fixes as they have been identified.  Your work on this is very very much appreciated. 

As a comment it would be great if on the 'about' tab you could include a line detailing the current version/patch number.  Then we could all see how the product is rapidly evolving based on user input to the design/bug fix process.  What is the current version/patch number?

It remains a shame that this has not been the case for the software from the other team that supports the flagship hardware product.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:51:38 AM by ACW367 »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2013, 03:52:46 PM »
Thank you guys for all of the ideas/suggestions. If you have any other suggestions or comments, please post here and I will do my best to work them into the application.

ACW367, I will try to find a way of making the build version available to the client browser. I will post here as soon as I figure out a good way to implement this.

Runway 31

« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
I have the world runways ticked but the runways seem to have disappeared.

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2013, 12:38:43 PM »
Runways now back on

Alan

neroon79

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »
As I have two boxes:

Is it somehow possible, that if you open the feeding statistics diagrams and one is already open, the second one will be opened beneath or aside the first and directly over it?

Further I would like it to have a third diagram (or a second line in the other diagrams) that shows me the combined feeding statistics of both boxes.

Thanks ahead!

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

RodBearden

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2013, 12:34:26 AM »
It's nice that we can now see who's feeding what.

How about a quick way of finding out which planes a particular box is providing, perhaps by clicking the box/sharer number of an already-selected plane? Perhaps that could be a Premium Sharer option ;-)

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 12:50:00 AM »
When I click on an airport in the Flight panel, I get the right info, but the map jumps to a random position, seemingly unrelated to the airport. Is the intention that it jumps to the airport? If so, its aim is off!

Also, I've noticed that having clicked on one airport code and seen the info, the next time I click on a plane with a known route, the airport codes are shown briefly in the Flight panel, then sometimes they disappear and don't return. Other times they fill out nicely. Apparently random behaviour. I'll let you know if I find a pattern.

And have you done anything to optimise the client processor requirements? It's still clobbering my machine - even just typing this is a pain with RB24 running!

Rod
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:56:28 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:17 AM »
Small point: It's happened a few times this evening that I've clicked on a plane near me and the flight panel says that I'm providing the data. I click on My Account, and it says I'm providing 0 flights.

They can't both be right!

Rod
Rod

Hawkeye

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2013, 09:14:09 PM »
Re points raised in Rod’s last few postings about sharing,

I’ve found that although my account shows me as a premium feeder, flights showing on my R/Box are not appearing on RB24.  I realise I’m in an area where there are many providers and it’s a case of ‘first come first show’ and my contributions may not be needed, but there are some occasions when either RB24 is not processing any contributions, or,  if I am the only one on line at that time, mine are certainly not being processed.
Ain’t at all bothered my box doesn’t appear in the panel ‘honours list’ but wondering if something needs sorting by AirNav

Attached comparison screenshot piccies taken at the same time this evening.

Syd

RodBearden

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2013, 05:24:37 PM »
Little bugette:

It's now remembering my preferences between sessions, but while it remembers that the Show Map Scale checkbox is ticked, the Map Scale itself isn't.

If I click the checkbox twice - turning it off and on again, the scale appears.

Rod
Rod

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 06:16:33 PM »
Hi Rod,

It's now remembering my preferences between sessions, but while it remembers that the Show Map Scale checkbox is ticked, the Map Scale itself isn't.

If I click the checkbox twice - turning it off and on again, the scale appears.

This is indeed a bug. It's on the list of remaining items to fix. Also note that the same bug exists for the mini-map setting.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2013, 01:22:42 AM »
Rod & Hawkeye,

I am still investigating the issue with the flights on your RB software are not showing in RB24. If you catch this happening again, could you note the time it happens and the flight number/hex code of the missing flight(s). Also, if possible, send an email to [email protected] when it happens and I will try to observe the problem as it is happening and look for clues.

Thank you for catching this problem and your help trying to figure out the cause.