AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes Database.  (Read 7414 times)

EK01

Re: Routes Database.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »
I wouldn't know as I don't subscribe to the network but having thought about, why wouldn't it. If the information obtained from a routes site is given such as on fligthradar24 for a flight on the other side of the world that routes information would be no different from a local easyjet flight routing. The central server doesn't enter into the equation in either case. You are obtaining the information yourself and entering that into your own routes database.

Because that's not how it works.  Routes on network flights DON'T use the Navdata database.  If you don't believe me, read http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4902.msg49255#msg49255

Typhoon, only AirNav can fix the routes on network flights.  Maybe this is a repeat of the "Routes Reversed" problem last year - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6106

Tarbart, still very confusing as to how this works. See replies 21 and 25 on the topic you have highlighted above.

John Racars

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2012, 11:39:29 AM »
Instead of bitching about easily sorted things, why don't you do what everyone else does and go onto one of the many routes sites, get the correct information and enter it into your database or as anorak says 'bye,bye'.

Hi EK01 and All,

I totally agree with you. There are many sites at this moment to get free and correct route-information. The last years I maintain my AirNav routedatabase by my self. Some times it brings some more work (p.e. change of timetable season) but I am verry content with this procedure.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

EK01

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
Hi John,

As you say involves some work especially at this time of the year with the recent changeover from Summer to Winter schedules. Some airlines are ok but others are a total nightmare especially those using the dreaded alphanumerics!

Cheers,

Ian

John Racars

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »
but others are a total nightmare especially those using the dreaded alphanumerics!

Hi Ian,

Yes, I think I know what you mean: what to say about p.e. EZY, EZS, DLH, WZZ. I am verry happy RYR and KLM did not change theire id's until sofar.........
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:49:16 PM by John Racars »
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4