AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Feature Request - Alert Log  (Read 1782 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Feature Request - Alert Log
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:29 AM »
Hi

I am sure that this has been discussed before but I thought I would put in a request as something that would help me and hopefully others and is not lost in the mist of a long features request thread.

The Alerting function is major feature for me for highlighting aircraft I want to see when they enter my coverage area.  I have the Alert notification pop on my screen and send an email to my BlackBerry.

With the current system an Alert is signalled on a particular criteria only once in a 24 hour period.  Living near a major airport, in my case LHR, the same aircraft could well go past on more than one occasion and one is not always in a poition to see it on the first hit.

I appreciate that the reason for the 24hr delay so that there are not multiple alerts in a short timescale.
The workaround for me has been to regularly delete the Alert Log.  However this is something I can't always do, ie away from my PC or I simply forget.

Therefore a simple option would be to have the Alert Log deleted automatically over a configurable set period. The default can be set as is now, but I could configure my instalation for an automatic clearance once each hour. 

Hopefully not a too onerous a task for AirNav development.

Thnks

Graham

chewycanes

Re: Feature Request - Alert Log
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
Graham
Don't know if this helps but mamy many many moons ago when AN asked about problems and things we want for the future i asked for AN to allow for a changeable  delay for Alerts so that an aircraft landing would give an alert and you could set the delay so you would get an alert when leaving.

Now your guess is as good as mine whether or not AN have taken it on board.
I've been waiting for a very long time but we all know whats happened so far...

Brian

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Re: Feature Request - Alert Log
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:27:03 AM »
Thanks Brian.  Its certainly on my wish list. 

Graham