AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox JAL Skytree announcement  (Read 2771 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
RadarBox JAL Skytree announcement
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:20:52 AM »
It's always nice to hear of AirNav progress, but I'm not clear as to whether this announcement means anything significant for the RadarBox network.

Our coverage of Tokyo has been consistently excellent for a long time. Will it improve as a result of this "network of AirNav RadarBox ® ADS-B receivers to show real-time aircraft movements on the Tokyo area"?

Is there actually a RadarBox aerial on top of the Skytree, and feeding the network? If so, I can't see any great improvement in coverage yet. The press release is ambiguous - does it just mean that there is a RadarBox screen in the Skytree showing the existing network coverage?

EDIT - I've just examined the fourth image, and it does indeed show a RadarBox screen, presumably in the Skytree, so perhaps my second option was right, and we're not actually goiong to see an improvement in Tokyo coverage.

Please explain.

Rod

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:26:37 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox JAL Skytree announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:38:53 AM »
JAL has several RadarBox units in Tokyo, on the Tower and at JAL Ops (airports). The data shown on the Skytree comes both from a connected RadarBox unit and otehr units from the RadarBox network.
Network coverage in Tokyo will always be guaranteed by these RadarBox units.

Netcop

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 07:12:47 PM »
AirNav,

You know, in the middle of 2010 all of us were waiting for your new projects (or as least some details about these projects), but we received this press-release:

AirNav RadarBox 3D Officially used in the Boeing 787 Dreamliner Project
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5021.0

After two years + of waiting (for your new software releases) we have received this:

AirNav Systems announces collaboration with Japan Airlines (JAL)

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=i4cn18nccchoorv844jrdrvui3&topic=7246.0

If you announce this official press release about collaboration with JAL, please let us know where we can obtain this press release at an official JAL site as well?

I don't want to generate a new wave of discussion about your approach to the market development, really. But even with your new release of web application (and sending your customers to planespotters instead of airliners), did you sense that AirNav era on the ADS-B hobby market according to your current approach has almost finished?

Regards,
Nick
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
Netcop: we respect your opinion. Unfortunately and explained many times before we cannot disclose any details regarding some of our projects. If we would do so we would be almost sure that your "ADS-B hobby market according to your current approach has almost finished" opinion would be, fortunately for all users, wrong.

Once RB24 is released you will have more news on the RB4.04 front.
Planeplotters vs Airliners: you will also have good news regarding this.

If possible (using a PM, email or on the forum), let us know what is in your opinion the correct approach for the ADS-B hobby market - it is always important to listen to feedback from important users like you: are you referring to the long delay in releasing a new RB4.04 window software with all reported bugs corrected? Or anything new?