AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132062 times)

Lou

Re: Development Update
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »
AirNav I would like you to be a bit more honest, this is not an internet problem and I have been asking you for help since february,you keep giving me support no`s yet you do not respond or even acknowledge my follow up emails this is just shabby customer service

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2012, 06:56:23 AM »
The rest please don't suddenly jump on this bandwagan, ShipTrax went through a prolonged beta phase and is a respected product in the community

I'll endorse that.  I run ShipTrax 24x7, and haven't noticed any bugs.  If Lou has bugs he wants to see fixed, then he should list them on the ShipTrax forum for all to see.

Back on topic.  Looking forward to beta testing v4.04.  AirNav, any estimate when we can expect a beta release for testing?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:23:52 AM by tarbat »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »
The only problem is AirNav, you've had so so so many opportunities to stop the bandwaggon, park it and throw the key away....................

You may want to make reference to "non-users" causing unrest on here, but if you look back over this thread you'll notice its littered with posts from some real longstanding members, not to mention some basically throwing the towel in.
The fact that these guys , myself included , have to keep coming on here to voice our disappointment says it all for me.

As for "abuse"....................I haven't really noticed anything abusive on this thread? Possibly only our interest as long standing customers and members of this forum, trying to gain an honest assessment of how we can take our use of the product further, and more importantly, to make judgement on if it's worth ploughing the best part of half a grand into buying a product that is adequately supported by the people who take the money, and NOT a team of volunteers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:49:03 AM by Marpleman »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:47 AM »
As explained if they are genuine issues from genuine users we have then we understand and as we have said we are dissapointed in ourselves and apologise for the delays.

We are commited to RadarBox and we apologise for the delays but these are unfourtantely part and parcel of developing solutions. We have already acknowdelged at the start of this thread what has happened and what our plan was and what we are doing to rectify this. Going round this again and again and answering posts about the same thing is not going help anyone at the moment as the information is being repeated.

4.04 is being tested by certain users at the moment regarding the equator bug, this is a serious bug and we are rectify the issues being found by those customers first and then moving on to the others. We will provide more details when we have them in terms of dates. Rest assured we are doing our best to rectify this situation.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

knight01

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »
4.04 is being tested by certain users at the moment regarding the equator bug, this is a serious bug and we are rectify the issues being found by those customers first and then moving on to the others.
I thought that bug, first reported on 31 July 2010, was fixed back in June 2012. If this is correct, that's 2 years to fix 1 bug and so far 4 months and counting for beta testing this 1 bug.  At this rate all 11 bugs on your bug list would take a lifetime and would be completed by sometime next century.
Bug list: http://www.airnavsystems.com/bugs/

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
Not as simple as that I am afraid, its due to code bases. Version 5 was being developed with new featues and those bugs fixed, it was then decided at the end of July from these threads to get these fixes in 4.04 which is a different code base, however there was instability caused as they are different code bases.

In simple terms its like designing a new car with new materials and then trying to fit those parts back into a older car. Unfourtantely due to the delays Version 5 this has caused problems, however regardless of this we are committed to both Version 5 and 4.04 and working the best we can to get something to the users as soon as possible.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »
In simple terms its like designing a new car with new materials and then trying to fit those parts back into a older car. Unfourtantely due to the delays Version 5 this has caused problems, however regardless of this we are committed to both Version 5 and 4.04 and working the best we can to get something to the users as soon as possible.

Hi AN, this brings us full circle and back to where we started -

DON'T PUBLISH UNREALISTIC, OVER-OPTIMISTIC DATES OR TIMES!!!

Ban us if you want, it wouldn't make any difference to me or my views.

JUST BE HONEST WITH US.

Surely that's not asking too much of you, is it?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:22:31 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
Airnav; remember this from my post?

"Make your next post on upgrades and new features Specific, Measurable, Atainable, Relevant and Timely".

I am a genuine user of the box it runs 24/7 and I have to say I have had very few problems with the device if there are "bugs" they do not spoil what I use the box for; but.

When I see more posts apologising for lack of results, Then you add "working the best we can to get something out as soon as possible!! Then it is worrying that the "your best you can do" is to get "something" out to users "as soon as possible".

Or you keep saying We thought working on v5 was the way to go but a review allied to comments from the forum stopped us so we will go back to 4.04. That came with the expectation in Septemeber here is a little project we have been working on in the meantime; which didn't happen but is close to being beta tested

Is that SMART? I am a supporter of this product I'm just becoming a disillusioned one.

What about a response from a Senior Official of your Company to tell genuine supporters here is where we are; it might also stop those "trolls", if that is what they are, from spouting.

What would that Official say?

Sorry for one last time; here are the facts it will be 6 months, 1, 2 or 3 years whatever it may be before we will have any noteable upgrade to your device. Or maybe look guys there is an economic crisis we can't or wont be in a position to improve this product in the forseeable future. Honesty is all we ask for our loyalty.

People can then say well my radarbox was quality in it's day but needs replaced (fair competition) or Ok it's only x period to wait I'll hang in there.

Please please no more ifs, buts maybes or as soon as; please!! As Coastguardjon says we are slowing going full circle and I'm rubbish on roundabouts and get of at the soonest opportunity.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:05:33 PM by Canonjohns40D »
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »
We understand the frustration that ongoing development delays may cause for some users.
Anyway and as we've stated before we are working on several solutions that will significantly improve the user experience for RadarBox and expand the way it could be used.

We are on the final development work for RadarBox24, a solution that will change the way ADS-B  online and  mobile flight trackers work. We wanted it to be released during September but we decided to add some new innovative features that caused us to postpone the development work for at least 2 weeks. It is something most of our users have been asking for the last 2 years and that will definitely create a standard in high-quality online tracking solutions with all the technology used on RadarBox applied to web browsers, iphones, ipads and Android devices.

Regarding RadarBox Windows Client Software (RadarBox 4.04): we have one specific developer addigned to the task of correcting all the pending problems but he is still busy in finishing another project, which will take 1-2 more weeks of his work - he is our best problem correction developer and we want to make sure he will work on this project (and not pass it to someone less experienced with this work).

As a last notice we're sure you understand our commitment in continuing to be one of the leaders in the ADS-B market by developing easy to use solutions that anyone can use: from enthusiasts to major airlines.

For commercial reasons we cannot disclose details on all the projects we are working on at the moment. We understand this is frustrating but we are also sure all that frustration will go away the moment you will see the results of our hard work.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2012, 05:56:54 PM »
For commercial reasons we cannot disclose details on all the projects we are working on at the moment. We understand this is frustrating but we are also sure all that frustration will go away the moment you will see the results of our hard work.

Here we go again!

Don't you ever learn AN?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
Well at least a bit of honesty from AN.

It shows what i thought and that is that the bugs issues is and has always been way down on its list of priorities.

The most annoying thing is that we apparently have been asking for two years for online tracking solutions. Well no i have been waiting two years for bugs to be fixed.

Sorry AN i know you are trying to be a bit more open and honest and your new products may be wonderful and ground breaking but it don't help me ......

Brian

Col

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2012, 01:50:41 PM »
Any update on this AirNav?

Cheers

Colin
Regards

Colin
Wokingham, Berkshire

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2012, 02:24:36 PM »
The two weeks of September have passed. We are at the end of the third week of October and no news updates.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
Perhaps no news means it's going to be good news? I waiting to December then maybe a transfer.
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.