anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132039 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Development Update
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:13 PM »
This thread is a continuation of the thread:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.0

This post has been made to clarify the situation.

All,

While we have been quiet recently we have sat back and been reading and listening to customers here as well the comments sent directly to us and we have spent the week trying to rethink our priorities and devise a plan.

Firstly a background to the situation, RadarBox is advanced software and has gone through evolutions from version 1 back in 2007 through various updates and many features being added at each stage.  RadarBox has been the 1st in many features which till this day are not done by any competitors.

AirNav Systems setup this forum back in 2007 with the launch of RadarBox expanding the product through new features from customers requests and to create a community. We have been an on hand support team ever since to help new customers and old.

Through this community the Database Team and customers like Rod and Tarbat have put a special and amazing effort to expand the product and help customers. We cannot thank them enough for their efforts.

Over the last few years we have continued to support RadarBox by introducing the Real time network, Route look up advancements and creating the system for the Database Team. The efforts of the development team were however delayed by ShipTrax and once complete we have moved on to creating a new top down version of RadarBox for the future however like any projects we have faced some unforeseen delays.

The Plan Forward:

After listening to customers this week, we have decided that the development team due to the delays on the new top down version will go back to Version 4 code and rectify the major bugs and issues that customers are facing. (This will delay the RadarBox related projects we mentioned only) We are putting plans in place to get this setup and contacting customers who have had certain issues to work through them with us (we do have certain details of these provided). We hope to then achieve a beta version soon to all customers (we obviously cannot give a date but we will be working on get this out as soon as possible).

We understand the frustration from customers regarding some of the issues and we will putting our full efforts behind this to rectify Version 4 before moving back on to the new version. We do apologise profusely for the delays however we hope to be able to bring the beta and other new developments as soon as possible to the public.

The importance of this forum is key to the RadarBox project and we have thank everyone for their efforts on this forum in helping customers but also your opinions and requests which help the community and strive for us to push for a better product.

Other Projects

There are other projects which are planned which are not Version 4. However they are related the RadarBox System/Network. The 1st one of these is planned to launch in September. Further details about these will be announced soon.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Development Update
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
Basic Details as of Sept 2012:

RadarBox 4.04 - Development currently underway and this is Priority. There is no expected timeline yet but we understand that is priority and work is being done as fast as possible to rectify the majors bugs and updates that are needed.

RadarBox 5..   - Development is continuing on this but being held but the majority of developers working on 4.04.

Other RadarBox Related Projects:

1st of which will be released this month. Details should be announced soon.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ACW367

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
Thank you for the update on the Radarbox patch.  I look forward to further news as it becomes available.

I also look forward to reading about your further projects in due course. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:11:42 PM by ACW367 »

lambertw

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 09:19:49 AM »
Running ANRB with PP and finding its just about the only receiver out there that cannot be configured to use most of PPs great features, extremely frustrating.Having said this it is still a great product in its own class.   
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:12:04 PM by lambertw »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 02:42:54 PM »
I must remember to stop delving into any thread with the word "development" in the title....................................

The English language can be so, so misleading!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Development is still going on and you will the results in just a few weeks.
Unfortunately innovative projects don't take 2 or 3 months to complete but sometimes much more than that.
All RadarBox users will be very happy to know what's coming on. :-)

We are not talking about a renewed RadarBox Windows Client software but we didn't forget it too.

knight01

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »
I must remember to stop delving into any thread with the word "development" in the title....................................

The English language can be so, so misleading!

It's the way the language or a particular word is used that is the problem.  A wonderful word "development" has been tarnished forever ;).  Maybe the thread title should be changed to "Static update", because this so called "development" has been going on for many months and nothing has changed.
On a side note how do I hide threads from being displayed, I've given up and don't want to see this "development" thread ever again.

bratters

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 03:04:32 PM »

On a side note how do I hide threads from being displayed, I've given up and don't want to see this "development" thread ever again.

There is no danger of seeing this or any other "development" thread on here unless someone is daft enough to ask "anything happening?" again.

"No news" is the default setting.

Henning

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »
Development is still going on and you will the results in just a few weeks.
Unfortunately innovative projects don't take 2 or 3 months to complete but sometimes much more than that.
All RadarBox users will be very happy to know what's coming on. :-)

In August you told us, you will release the new project early September. Early September you told us "next week". Now, at the end of September, you tell us "in just a few weeks".
It's the same sh** that you keep telling us for years now!!!
Be honest and tell us that you stopped any RadarBox development! Then we can all buy a SBS-3 or any other ADS-B receiver for which updates are released continuously.

But some happy news: Today you get a reward from me!!! You won two trophies!!! One for telling customers the most lies and the other one is the trophy for the worst customer "service".
Congratulations!!!

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 04:28:38 PM »
I am happy to wait QUIETLY for anything new, improved and free. Constructive comments are useful, rants and bad manners are not. This forum is a good natured place were people give their time and skills readily, good humour and banter is welcome. I suggest a move to another place if you don`t like this one, and let the rest of us enjoy our shared interest.
Regards,  Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 06:18:26 PM »
Hi Dave, I agree, I'm happy to wait....after all this is a superb past-time and all of the work my fellow ANRB'ers do in the back ground is a bonus and enhances the enjoyment.

Best regards to all,

Dave. East Devon by the Sea.
Best regards Dave.

lambertw

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 08:32:25 PM »
The development of other receivers and software is very difficult to ignore though.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:34:48 PM by lambertw »

lambertw

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
AirNav Support
AirNav Systems

Re: Developments
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 11:21:38 am »
knight01 and All,

As we stated in the previous post in this thread with an update (we mentioned it would be released around Mid Sep) we are very close to release now. This isn't hot air or lies, there has already been details of this project released through other means that some customers are aware off, there have also been images etc.. leaked of this project so the project is not hot air at all. We are just making sure the project is fully ready.

We have in the past released projects/software etc.. on exact release dates and then had complaints that there were bugs issues. We have learnt from that and now only release when we are happy as well as the testers give the thumbs up. If this leads to a delay then we believe that is better than releasing to early. In this case the project has no pre-orders or anything as such so your last paragraph doesn't apply.

We are now in October,It would be polite to inform us all if there are going to be any delays.

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
As users were getting confused by the different subjects being discussed in the original thread, this thread was started to discuss Radarbox development only.

The September release mentioned is for a new project which is expected by the weekend, if you wish to ask about it, I would suggest you start a new thread.

Alan

Brimon

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
This thread & the original were to discuss developments with the Radarbox, the original having been locked because Airnav were being disingenuous regarding the Radarbox development which led to confusion. They, in the first thread, led everyone to believe the were indeed talikng about the bug fixes & updates on the Radarbox, not the new project. If Airnav are prepared to give people like me, who have invested a lot of money in a box which has already taken a backseat to Shiptrax & has apparently taken a backseat to the new project & is apparently lacking any cohesive plan to sort bugs etc out, a free subscription to the new project until such times as the old, very old, project of updating the Radarbox Software & fixing the bugs therein is completed,then fine, but to keep stalling us is disrespectful.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:38:03 PM by Brimon »
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland