anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132742 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Development Update
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2012, 12:12:37 PM »
Yes we have. We are just finishing some pending items and we will resume work on ANRB4.04 right after that.

chewycanes

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
Hi
I still lose the reason why ANRB.04 is delayed again due to finishing pending items. (Personal apology to Alan and other people who has tried to explain the reason).
Other than limited resourses we have waited for along time to have the AN update.
1) Is it that only one person can do it ? Sorry Alan may have mis understood your previous post..
2) Its only at 70% ?
3) I thought it was at Beta testing ?
Sorry to repeat questions again that may have been asked.
Regards 1) fair enough but its not the way to run a company ... Priority given to other programs ?
Regards 2) Still at only 70% well no change for a while.. Next time 70.1 %.
Regards 3) Hopeful thinking.

I remember thinking last Xmas something would be released.
I know Alan and the other people doing good work on the AN site and are doing the best and i don't want to annoy or upset them but its an ever ending promise.

If a company has a realistic programme schedule an estimate of completion time should be available. I say AN give us your current estimate time +1 month please ? Or + 6 months ?

Sorry to anyone such Alan whom probably understands the situation more than most but every time this issue gets re raised an excuse and not any forward progress appears to us users.

Sorry for the moan but its another Xmas and i was hoping for better news..

Brian

Runway 31

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2012, 05:10:52 PM »
Brian,

I dont have any further info than you but can only presume that not all the items requiring fixes are on the current Beta hence why its at 70% and the others are being worked on to be incorporated into the next Beta.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
3) I thought it was at Beta testing ?

I won't presume to speak for AirNav, but I can give a perspective on this as the "early beta tester".  I suspect the delays are caused by me finding more errors in the beta version that needed fixing than AirNav expected.  As always there's a choice here - rush the release to production and then have to fix the bugs in the live environment, or be thorough in beta testing.  I'm sorry if I've been finding bugs in the beta, but I would prefer to see AirNav fix the bugs before release into production.  Having said that, i run the v4.04 beta every day, and rely on it as my main aircraft tracking program.

My only complaint is that there seems too little resource being devoted to v4.04 development.

chewycanes

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »
Tarbat
Totally agree not to rush a delivery if bugs are found.
Brilliant that i/we know you are testing and fnding the bugs and thanks for an honest update.
And like most of us believe no matter what AN say lack of resource is the a major concern and has been for years.
I thank you for your honesty and thanks for the job you are doing.
Come on AN sort out resource.
Brian

Runway 31

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2012, 05:30:37 PM »
Thanks for that insight Tarbat.  I am much happier with the bugs in the code being found at this stage and corrected before release although as you state a bit more resources wouldnt go amiss.

Alan

bratters

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2012, 07:16:22 PM »
Jam tomorrow - it's always Jam tomorrow.

C'mon Airnav - give us a break. Some of us won't even be here tomorrow at this rate.

knight01

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2012, 12:19:45 AM »
Jam tomorrow - it's always Jam tomorrow.

C'mon Airnav - give us a break. Some of us won't even be here tomorrow at this rate.

I think you mean we won't be here after the world ending apocalypse on 21/12/2012.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2012, 01:18:33 PM »
When a product costing around £400 is being sold in the thousands (I've still never seen an actual figure quoted despite requests for substantiated sales) and is being used commercially as we're told, I'd have hoped that one of the AN owners would start employing someone to do the programming if they can't find the time from their main job!   No, I'm not impressed with the answers (still I defend RB when I think unfair comments are made).
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
........I'd have hoped that one of the AN owners would start employing someone to do the programming if they can't find the time from their main job,

They do employ developers.

terralta2002

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
i think you meen singular Mr Tarbut
re page 4
Regarding RadarBox Windows Client Software (RadarBox 4.04): we have one specific developer addigned to the task of correcting all the pending problems but he is still busy in finishing another project, which will take 1-2 more weeks of his work - he is our best problem correction developer and we want to make sure he will work on this project (and not pass it to someone less experienced with this work).
he must of tock an early christmas holiday

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:48 PM »
i think you meen singular Mr Tarbut

No I don't.   I've interacted with at least 3 developers at AirNav.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:46:33 PM by tarbat »

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2012, 10:40:08 PM »
They do employ developers.

Chris, your loyalty to AN is admirable, especially after the way you've been treated, but you've surely got to agree and admit: "They're not very good then are they?!" nor very fast................!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
Chris, your loyalty to AN is admirable, especially after the way you've been treated, but you've surely got to agree and admit: "They're not very good then are they?!" nor very fast................!

And I'm on record as saying:

My only complaint is that there seems too little resource being devoted to v4.04 development.

If that makes me "loyal", its a strange definition.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2012, 10:50:27 PM »
Sorry Chris, that's a really strong complaint - as I've said "off-board" you're just far too quick leaping to AN's defence and really does make it look as if you're in their pocket/employment.    I know you've said that isn't the case, but I suspect that's how it appears  to a lot of users in here.   I, for one, am extremely grateful to you, Alan, Rod, Orkney and the other hard working updaters who keep this product alive and breathing, albeit rather wheezily!