anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 132812 times)

chewycanes

Re: Development Update
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2013, 04:26:40 PM »
Bump.
Will keep doing this until AN reply.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
I got a "response" telling me to "behave" the other day, so they are around.

Bratters, I only wish my holidays were so long!!

jacobite

« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2013, 05:36:26 AM »
Hi all, do you all pay a subscription to AirNav?  If so why are you still paying for a service that they do not supply, all the subs they receive are going to fund other projects they are involved with, so its stuff you lot.
Ian

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »
The last I was aware, the subscription is for access to Network flight coverage, not specifically to fund software developments.

There are no determinable grounds to suggest all subscriptions received are being used to fund other projects at all.

chewycanes

« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
I Don't really need to bump this because a lack of Airnav's response has not moved it to far down the chain.
Airnav if you want people to be responsive and support you in the future a comment might be required.
If no response from Airnav then people buying future equipment please read these posts and be ware...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:31 AM »
I occasionally check this thread to see if AirNav Dev have had the common decency to give us an update.  Having put many many hours of my time into v4.04 development and testing, I feel insulted by the lack of response.  The version I tested many months ago fixed nearly all the major bugs, and yet it sits gathering dust on an AirNav shelf somewhere.

As others have said, I'm now convinced v4.04 will never be released, so we all have to accept that all the bugs in Radarbox will never be fixed.  Time to close this thread and mothball Radarbox :(
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 09:47:29 AM by tarbat »

lambertw

« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:22 PM »
Airnav your loosing the battle please be honest more open and up front with us all,is future development dead for ever,yes/no,after all we have payed you good hard earned money.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »
Development is still ongoing, we are still replying to the support emails, we are here and work continues.

Once we have further updates we will of course update the forum.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

dxman

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
Reminder

Basic Details as of Sept 2012:

RadarBox 4.04 - Development currently underway and this is Priority. There is no expected timeline yet but we understand that is priority and work is being done as fast as possible to rectify the majors bugs and updates that are needed.

RadarBox 5..   - Development is continuing on this but being held but the majority of developers working on 4.04.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2013, 06:53:28 AM »
Shocking beyond belief , yet again.
What sort of an advert is this to potential customers?

Once again we are given a vague, meaningless piece of drivel, that you couldn't even class as propaganda. People like Tarbat deserve more respect and transparency surrounding all this. The rest of us , although it would be nice, don't  of necessity, need to know. Given that those from within the limited circle of testers don't know, suggests to me that nothing is going to happen.

No doubt you'll  back your earlier comment up with yet more meaningless comments.

Just tell us straight when we can expect something.

This year?
Next year?
2020?

Then at least we can all move on

bratters

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2013, 03:25:25 PM »
Save your breath Marpleman - they're never going to answer you. They never did and they never will.

Time to move on my friend.

johnboy

« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
It all sounds a bit like BBC tv programmes, REPEAT after REPEAT of the same old thing.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #192 on: July 30, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
Sorry Bratters, sometimes I just can't help myself......
;-)

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2013, 09:11:35 PM »
Seriously Airnav, is this all we get from you now... "development still ongoing".  It has supposedly been ongoing for years.  Do you seriously think that with these responses we actually believe that any development is taking place other than by the likes of tarbat and those who support this product of their own goodwill.  Don't forget that most of us here spent a considerable amount of money on purchasing your product which, while basically works, has been riddled with bugs from day one.  I purchased mine almost 5 years ago and whilst the original "black hole" bug was fixed soon after, absolutely nothing has been fixed since.

It is rather insulting to say the least, that radarboxes are now being given away to support the RB24 network and yet absolutely nothing is done to improve the client software.  I find it ironic that aircraft that don't appear on my screen but are listed on the flight list do appear on the RB24 network resulting from my feed.  This bug has been around for years. 

Given that Airnav appear to be completely disinterested, my "sharing flight data" is now switched off and will remain switched off until there is a new software version.  I guess from the lack of development, it will be switches off for a very long time....  Perhaps if enough of us, who have paid good money for the radarbox, do the same, maybe, just maybe, Airnav will be forced to action, otherwise the RB24 network will look pretty with just maps but no airplanes...

So come on Airnav.  Give us the response and software we deserve as without us (your customers), your network is  going to look rather poor.
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #194 on: August 01, 2013, 06:31:33 AM »
Top point on the issue of free boxes.

I also find it insulting if I'm honest, but it generally goes along without comment