AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logos  (Read 1906413 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Logos
« Reply #6720 on: June 01, 2023, 11:40:58 AM »
Thanks Terry - done

While I'm here, here's a logo for ÖAMTC, (Austria) from another thread.
Rod

romdouk

« Reply #6721 on: June 01, 2023, 01:07:52 PM »
Thanks Rod
It turns out that some of the clubs and organisations I asked for have proper ICAO codes, and need deleting - apologies!
National Flight Centre: TYT (see update for TYT attached)
RECTIMO Air Transports: RTO
Heli Air: HLY
HeliCentre: COV
Terry

RodBearden

« Reply #6722 on: June 01, 2023, 08:18:52 PM »
Thanks Terry - I'm sure their lives were happy, if short.

Here are more deletions of registrations for ICAO codes we've got:
 Equatorial Guinea Govt: GGE
3CQQH

Tamir Airways: TMI
4XCLL

Libyan Air Ambulance: LYA
5ADFN

ASECNA: XKX
6VAFW

Star Aviation: DST
7TVNC

Winair: WVZ
9ADWA

Alliance Jet: ALE
9HIAR

Comlux Malta: MLM
9HUEC

Royal Malaysian Air Force: RMF
9MNAA

Berjaya Air: BVT
9MTAN

Execujet Middle East: EJO
A6KAH

Falcon Aviation Svcs: FVS
A6YMA

DC Aviation Al-Futtaim: DCF
A6CBO
A6MBS

And while I'm here, a replacement by special request:
7T-VPG: Government of Algeria

Rod

romdouk

« Reply #6723 on: June 02, 2023, 07:32:42 AM »
Thanks Rod
Attached is Flying Devil SA logo which is represented in the AVcodes website as FYD, but there is no FYD on the FAA List.
Also
Delete: OEEFL no longer on Austrian register
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:13:49 AM by romdouk »
Terry

RodBearden

« Reply #6724 on: June 02, 2023, 10:08:58 AM »
Thanks Terry
More:
 Qatar Amiri Flight: QAF
A7AAH
A7HHJ
A7HHK
A7HSJ
A7MBK
A7MED

Qatar Executive: QQE
A7MHH

Royal Oman Police: ROP
A40CX

All Points Jet: ALP
B8269

MetroJet: MTJ
BKEY

Air Nimbus: NIM
CSDPV

Rod

romdouk

« Reply #6725 on: June 02, 2023, 10:14:39 AM »
Hi Rod
Attached is Sonnig International Private Jets logo which is in the AVcodes website as ONG, but like my previous request isn't on the FAA list.
Terry

RodBearden

« Reply #6726 on: June 02, 2023, 03:27:05 PM »
Thanks Terry

Carrying on with the deletions:
Air Partners: SDE CFKBC
CFTLH
CFWRX
CGAXX

Execaire: EXA
CFAWZ
CFBCR
CFFCD
CFTMI
CGBDI
CGCDS
CGDPF
CGDPG
CGFCB
CGHMW
CGIIT
CGJDU
CGKTO
CGNRC
CGPGD
CGWLL

Fast Air: PBR
CFHPB
CFREE
CGFAV

Rod

romdouk

« Reply #6727 on: June 02, 2023, 03:44:17 PM »
Hi Rod
The logo for the National Aerospace Laboratory aircraft PHLAB needs updating please.
https://www.nlr.nl/nieuws/meetvluchten-voor-vernieuwd-landingssysteem-op-schiphol/

Deletions:
PHDVK
PHJWL now ZS-JUN
PHMDL
PHWTC now 9H-JIVA
T7-ACP
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 05:06:59 AM by romdouk »
Terry

RodBearden

« Reply #6728 on: June 04, 2023, 03:29:54 PM »
Thanks Terry - replacement logo for the National Aerospace Laboratory - NLR (Netherlands) attached, and PH-LAB is deleted, along with the deletions in Reply #6728.

And here are more deletions:
Flightpath: KNT
CFWPF
CFXDB

Image Air: BMG
CFDSH
CFNVT
CFOWK
CFSEP
CFYTZ
CGURJ

Novajet: NOJ
CFXOO
CGTLX

PAL Aerospace: SPR
CFLMW
CGGLR

Starlink Aviation: TLK
CGDCC
CGOAB
CGOHB
CGOHI
CGROG

Anderson Air: ADS
CFABH

Canadian Pacific: CRR
CFCPR
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 04:23:19 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

EK01

« Reply #6729 on: June 05, 2023, 10:15:27 AM »
NO.

Runway 31

« Reply #6730 on: June 05, 2023, 11:32:30 AM »
Can I ask why the rush to delete all these aircraft from the database as it was all working well previously.  It was easy for users as all that was required was to download and install the logos from Rods page but now loads are gone and if you want the logo displayed on a club fleet aircraft, users now have to do it themselves for each aircraft.

I cant work out the rationale for this backward step.  A lot of work had went into adding them to the logo database and to get rid of them seems daft to me.  I dont remember any complaints from users about the way it was or even a discussion n the way to go forward, maybe I missed it?

Fortunately current users will have the deleted logos already in the folder but new users will be disadvantaged.  If anyone wants a copy of the logos from before these mass deletions let me know and I can send it on

Alan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 11:36:16 AM by Runway 31 »

romdouk

« Reply #6731 on: June 06, 2023, 05:01:27 AM »
Hi Alan,
1. There is no rush to delete logos, but just a slow progression as we worked through the d/b in order to check what is still valid and make it more manageable.
2. It is still easy for anyone wanting fleet or club logos. As you said, they can "do it themselves for each aircraft" using the ICAO or club logo within the database, bearing in mind the fleets are incomplete with many missing, or in some cases, having left the fleet or club. Registrations are changing all the time but the database wasn't.
3. The registration logos that are left are mainly one off's, as in the large USA presence for example. These one off's will be periodically checked to make sure they are still current.
4. Most of the fleets and clubs are area specific. People in Australia/USA don't need  individual European fleet logos and vice versa.
5. As you said - "A lot of work had went into adding them to the logo database". However those people requesting new logos never let the forum or Rod know when they became obsolete, in order to remove them.
6. As to there being no discussion, It was mentioned in https://forum.radarbox24.com/index.php?topic=7136.msg548991#msg548991 which stated the new policy and which received no comments at all at the time.
RegardsTerry
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 05:03:14 AM by romdouk »
Terry

Runway 31

« Reply #6732 on: June 06, 2023, 10:52:52 AM »
I had missed that post, thanks but the decision had already been taken and the first deletions were on that post.  While the fleets may well be area specific you dont need to be in that local area to see the aircraft as network users can see these aircraft on their screen wherever they are in the world.

I sincerely hope there is no intention of expanding this area specific policy to other aircraft for example biz jets and military

While users can do it for themselves some users are not very computer literate so it was good that all they had to do previously was download and install and didn't have to bother about doing anything else

Thankfully I have the logo download from before the deletions so all I need to do is add new ones I want.   Nowadays everyone has plenty of storage on their computers so space is not the same issue as it was say 10 years ago

Alan

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:04:09 PM by Runway 31 »

RodBearden

« Reply #6733 on: June 06, 2023, 01:46:14 PM »
Hi Alan

I think the main point is that there were so many obsolete and logos there, and hardly any new ones. There were also wrong logos (after changes of operator without a registration change). I haven't got the time or inclination to monitor and update the world's general aviation fleet, and no-one ever posts or sends me updates for them, except occasional requests for new ones. As you say, no-one much cares about the disk space that these logos take up, but the wrong'uns are a problem that hardly anyone would notice - probably the worst kind of error. I don't think anyone has ever requested logos for new aircraft joining clubs, schools or companies for which we already have a logo, so there are hardly any new fleet aircract registrations represented since the original logos were done, often many years ago.

I'm happy to create and update the logos for operators, but keeping logos for individual registrations up to date is too large a job. Of course I too have copies of all the zips I've posted on my downloads page over the last few years, and users are welcome to contact me for old versions (the most recent pre-purge one was dated 22 February this year).

No-one has to implement these deletions, and installing new All Logos zips won't delete anything at all if users just use copy and paste, replacing existing files and adding the new ones to keep up to date. (Some of the oldest ones may still be in the software install package.)

As for military aircraft, we have very few individual registration logos (except for exceptionally interesting, usually historic, ones such as some BBMF aircraft), and mission codes (and ICAO codes) are safe!
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #6734 on: June 06, 2023, 07:13:29 PM »
No worries Rod, thanks for the explanation and rationale behind the decision filling in details left out of the previous post and it makes sense to me now.  I understand your concern for keeping them up to date and appreciate how large a job it is and the time it takes.  As stated it doesn't affect me as I don't download the packages only taking them off this page as you add them in or update them

Regarding military I was thinking about for example the Colombian Air Force but one logo does them all

Alan