AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83828 times)

Runway 31

Re: Developments
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
The good thing Knight is that the projects mentioned are additional to what you have paid for although I would agree that an update wouldbe benificial.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
knight01 and All,

As we stated in the previous post in this thread with an update (we mentioned it would be released around Mid Sep) we are very close to release now. This isn't hot air or lies, there has already been details of this project released through other means that some customers are aware off, there have also been images etc.. leaked of this project so the project is not hot air at all. We are just making sure the project is fully ready.

We have in the past released projects/software etc.. on exact release dates and then had complaints that there were bugs issues. We have learnt from that and now only release when we are happy as well as the testers give the thumbs up. If this leads to a delay then we believe that is better than releasing to early. In this case the project has no pre-orders or anything as such so your last paragraph doesn't apply.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

knight01

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2012, 11:13:40 AM »
Can you point us to the post where it states "mid Sept.", because as I've highlighted a portion of the quote in my post which state (with the spelling mistake)
We want to release the first of these projects in the begining of Sept (90% of the work is done at this time).

This is from post #66 from this thread:
In resume we are working hard and all of our users will be be very happy to what we are planning to release before the end of August which will bring a new dimension to the RadarBox world.

Maybe you (Support) need to communicate with the Dev team.  They are saying one thing and you are saying another.
My last paragraph does apply in principle.  If a company or an individual says something will be done by a certain date or time scale and it doesn't get done, what do you think the outcome will be?  Same applies to your company and/or individuals within your company.

The issue is not with the project(s) itself, which I'm sure it will be great, but the issue is with the time scales being announced that are not being met.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:28:50 AM by knight01 »

Henning

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
The good thing Knight is that the projects mentioned are additional to what you have paid for although I would agree that an update wouldbe benificial.

Alan

But what is not additional to what I've paid for is the bugfix of the RadarBox software that I am still awaiting for a couple of years! I have paid for the 3D version but the 3D feature is still pretty useless for me because the aircraft are not displayed at the correct altitude. Not to mention the other bugs that are still not fixed. I cannot think of any other product that I bought that has not been fixed for such a long time. And that's making me angry. Especially as the bug that I want to have fixed is only ONE multiplication missing in the code!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »
Reply 100 of this thread gave an updated timescale.

Henning, we apologise for the delay, the various posts the page before explain the status of that. We hope to have that fixed and other issues soon, it is priority and our developers are working on it at the moment.
[email protected]

ACW367

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
Airnav Support
This thread has become very confused as it appears forum members are talking about one thing directly related to fixing the existing radarbox product, while Airnav are largely talking about another new product in their range which has no bearing on the radarbox product.  Therefore I feel you need to fully edit this thread to remove the information on that other product out of this hijacked thread.  The replys that discuss that other product could then be moved to form a thread in the correct forum area.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?board=19.0

The Original poster talks about the needed fixes to Radarbox and it is right that this remains the focus of this thread in this forum.

It's seems a long time ago now since we using ANRB had any progress going forward .There is a great deal to choose from out in the world today and the development  of the products and their ability to process data is on going almost at a weekly pace.
ANRB is a quality product but we seem to be being left behind,just my opinion and i'm sure ANRB development personal are on with it as I speak.

The most succint replies from Airnav on this Radarbox releted topic are these two, and they should form the core basis for discussion on this thread moving forward:

We have been reading each post and while our hands are tied regarding announcing timelines we do apologise to those customers who have been disappointed with our efforts.

We have had a master plan which has been affected by various items over the last few years such as ShipTrax delays and others which have caused this situation and we can only profusely apologise.

While its easy to be an armchair businessman the reality is sometimes decisions which are made don’t always work out correctly and delays occur. We had planned to have a new major version of RadarBox released earlier this year however due to delays which are not in our control this hasn’t been possible. In fact the update given to the Singapore customer contained much of the updated code which rectified majority of issues on the bug pages.

We will be looking at whether an updated version can be released soon as beta or whether it will be worth making sure all the issues noted have been rectified before releasing a major version update.

We are however 100% involved in providing a product which is unmatched in terms of features and reputation. Lets however put a few items into perspective, RadarBox is still unrivalled in many features which work straight out the box. We do still have thousands of customers who are very happy with there RadarBoxes across the world and we do have many special features and projects upcoming.

While the market has changed in the last few years we are still fully behind supporting RadarBox and its customers and of course developing it further. We do value your feedback and comments and we hope you continue to be stay with us and be pleasantly surprised with new projects and updates.

All,

While we have been quiet recently we have sat back and been reading and listening to customers here as well the comments sent directly to us and we have spent the week trying to rethink our priorities and devise a plan.

Firstly a background to the situation, RadarBox is advanced software and has gone through evolutions from version 1 back in 2007 through various updates and many features being added at each stage.  RadarBox has been the 1st in many features which till this day are not done by any competitors.

AirNav Systems setup this forum back in 2007 with the launch of RadarBox expanding the product through new features from customers requests and to create a community. We have been an on hand support team ever since to help new customers and old.

Through this community the Database Team and customers like Rod and Tarbat have put a special and amazing effort to expand the product and help customers. We cannot thank them enough for their efforts.

Over the last few years we have continued to support RadarBox by introducing the Real time network, Route look up advancements and creating the system for the Database Team. The efforts of the development team were however delayed by ShipTrax and once complete we have moved on to creating a new top down version of RadarBox for the future however like any projects we have faced some unforeseen delays.

The Plan Forward:

After listening to customers this week, we have decided that the development team due to the delays on the new top down version will go back to Version 4 code and rectify the major bugs and issues that customers are facing. (This will delay the RadarBox related projects we mentioned only) We are putting plans in place to get this setup and contacting customers who have had certain issues to work through them with us (we do have certain details of these provided). We hope to then achieve a beta version soon to all customers (we obviously cannot give a date but we will be working on get this out as soon as possible).

We understand the frustration from customers regarding some of the issues and we will putting our full efforts behind this to rectify Version 4 before moving back on to the new version. We do apologise profusely for the delays however we hope to be able to bring the beta and other new developments as soon as possible to the public.

The importance of this forum is key to the RadarBox project and we have thank everyone for their efforts on this forum in helping customers but also your opinions and requests which help the community and strive for us to push for a better product.

However the following replies surely do not relate to the request of the Original poster for details of progress on updating radarboxes software and/or providing radarbox bug fixes.  These instead refer to the September release of the (leaked) non-radarbox product.  Therefore discussion surrounding these replies should be completely removed from the Radarbox sub-section of the forum and should be split into a thread on the correct Radarbox24 forum area,
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg82951#msg82951
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg83684#msg83684
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg83782#msg83782
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg84132#msg84132
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg84141#msg84141

This thread can get back on topic of when us dedicated radarbox users will stop witnessing other products released to the Airnav product line and enable us to seek from Airnav any explanation of when they plan to release anything that relates to Radarbox software as they undertook to do on 29 July.   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:46:33 PM by ACW367 »

Brimon

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »
Without quoting ACW367's response in full.I agree confusion abounds, either that or "someone" is boxing or should that be "Radarboxing" very clever here trying to muddy the waters regarding the updates we have all been waiting for for the Radarbox. Radarbox24 developments should not have entered the equation, the original post was about Radarbox updates.
If the bugs & the upodates for Radarbox have been delayed because of Radarbox24 I will not be a happy camper as we were offered the same excuses when Shiptrax was under development.

I echo the other post, tell us whether Airnav are going to continue to upgrade & support the Radarbox, or do we all start looking elsewhere? We are customers & have all invested money,& in the case of Tarbet & the updaters for the database, alot of time in this thing.Think we have a right to a clear & concise answer regarding Radarbox, not Radarbox24.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
We will lock this thread to stop any further confusion and create a new thread explaining things once more.
[email protected]