AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83830 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Developments
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »
All,

While we have been quiet recently we have sat back and been reading and listening to customers here as well the comments sent directly to us and we have spent the week trying to rethink our priorities and devise a plan.

Firstly a background to the situation, RadarBox is advanced software and has gone through evolutions from version 1 back in 2007 through various updates and many features being added at each stage.  RadarBox has been the 1st in many features which till this day are not done by any competitors.

AirNav Systems setup this forum back in 2007 with the launch of RadarBox expanding the product through new features from customers requests and to create a community. We have been an on hand support team ever since to help new customers and old.

Through this community the Database Team and customers like Rod and Tarbat have put a special and amazing effort to expand the product and help customers. We cannot thank them enough for their efforts.

Over the last few years we have continued to support RadarBox by introducing the Real time network, Route look up advancements and creating the system for the Database Team. The efforts of the development team were however delayed by ShipTrax and once complete we have moved on to creating a new top down version of RadarBox for the future however like any projects we have faced some unforeseen delays.

The Plan Forward:

After listening to customers this week, we have decided that the development team due to the delays on the new top down version will go back to Version 4 code and rectify the major bugs and issues that customers are facing. (This will delay the RadarBox related projects we mentioned only) We are putting plans in place to get this setup and contacting customers who have had certain issues to work through them with us (we do have certain details of these provided). We hope to then achieve a beta version soon to all customers (we obviously cannot give a date but we will be working on get this out as soon as possible).

We understand the frustration from customers regarding some of the issues and we will putting our full efforts behind this to rectify Version 4 before moving back on to the new version. We do apologise profusely for the delays however we hope to be able to bring the beta and other new developments as soon as possible to the public.

The importance of this forum is key to the RadarBox project and we have thank everyone for their efforts on this forum in helping customers but also your opinions and requests which help the community and strive for us to push for a better product.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:50:07 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
Thank you,  Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

Sketco

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2012, 08:13:44 PM »
I'm desperate for MLAT on ANRB. There is so much quality choice out there.
I love the look and feel of ANRB, but I've had a gut full of paying for an additional service from another provider when i could be doing it for free as a contributor.
Patience is a virtue i know, but money talks, BS walks, and there's a lot of talking, not much walking from ANRB.
Not their fault really. Just wish I'd done more research before shelling out a substantial investment.

b777200er

« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
It's the Air Nav way-------there no reason why we should have to pay extra for a real time network.

Donnie

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »
Again we are working hard on the background developing new projects for the AirNav RadarBox community.
We want to release the first of these projects in the begining of Sept (90% of the work is done at this time).
We are also already working on RadarBox Windows Client software, version 4.04 which should correct all the reported and pending bugs.

These project are extremelly complex and when we release a new product/solution we want it to be better than what is already available on the market.

b777200er

« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2012, 04:06:41 PM »
Air Nav---------it's the beginning of September may we have an update on the project that 90% of the work has been done??????  Per you post on August 10.

thanks
Donnie

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2012, 04:11:05 PM »
Its nearly ready. There should be more news soon.
[email protected]

b777200er

« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
The good old Air Nav run a round----------never give the Customer a straight/informative answer.

Donnie

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
Ahhhh, come on Donnie, AN didn't say this year!!!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

b777200er

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
CoastGaurdJon---------you are right they didn't say this year, and i don't expect anything from them this year. Been around since the acars days -----know how they are. Only good at collecting payments due on time.

Donnie

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »
Can certain members please behave on this thread otherwise this will be locked and members warned. We have left this thread alone to let customers voice there thoughts but if they are just posting to start trouble they will be warned.

We expect to release the project in the next week or so, the final touches are being added to it.

[email protected]

b777200er

« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »
Support---------In most countries free speech is still allowed. If you would learn to be honest and up front with your customers all these comments would not be posted. Air Nav track record with updates and info leaves a lots to be desired.

Donnie

knight01

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »
People are just being honest and venting their anger at years of being ignored. Threats will not accomplish anything, but will put the reputation of a company at risk.

What's that old saying:

" It takes years to build a good reputation, and only seconds to destroy it."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:52:46 AM by knight01 »

Henning

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »
Aug 11:
We want to release the first of these projects in the begining of Sept (90% of the work is done at this time).

Sep 03:
Its nearly ready. There should be more news soon.

Sep 07:
We expect to release the project in the next week or so, the final touches are being added to it.

So as the next week is over it does not seem to be "early september" nor "next week"... it seems to be "or so" again... :-(

knight01

« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2012, 08:57:47 AM »
Again we are working hard on the background developing new projects for the AirNav RadarBox community.
We are also already working on RadarBox Windows Client software, version 4.04 which should correct all the reported and pending bugs.

Beginning of September has been and gone.  We are now into mid September and we'll be in October in about 2 weeks.  Still no news on the project that was "90%" complete on  August 11, 2012.  I, like many other users are losing patience by all the hot air and false statements being announced.  How about being honest and realistic.  Is this too much to ask by paying customers.

If I were to say to my customers your computer will be fixed by this date (I'm in IT tech support) and it didn't happen and kept giving false promises, there would be an investigation within the company I work for and I would be suspended with no pay and possibly out of the door.