AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83819 times)

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Developments
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2012, 09:46:19 AM »
Just trying to pour a little oil on very troubled waters.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2012, 10:24:56 AM »
Come on Tarbat wise up !

I don't need anyone telling me to "wise up" when it comes to Airnav.  I probably know more about who does what within Airnav than most.  In fact I probably know more about their development plans as well, having tested some of it, and even been consulted on some aspects.

I just find it frustrating when developments get delayed.  I can guess why the RBv5 software has been delayed, and I can also understand why Airnav won't say publicly what the delay is.  But it's frustrating for end-users to not know if the more serious bugs are going to be fixed in RBv4, or if they'll have to wait for RBv5 for the fixes.

For example, during the ShipTrax development, I knew why the release was delayed, since it was me that found the problems that delayed the launch.  But I always agreed not to discuss in public the contents of emails with Airnav Development.

One question.  Did Birdie (Singapore) get the equatorial bug fix in an early release of RBv5?  Or a patched RBv4?

I think you've rather missed our point Chris - all we want is to be treated as we are - adults (mainly!?) and paying customers - cut the mealy mouthed management clap-trap and tell us the truth, not keep on telling lies and feeding us a load of BS and broken promises.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:57 AM »
I think you've rather missed our point Chris - all we want is to be treated as we are - adults (mainly!?) and paying customers - cut the mealy mouthed management clap-trap and tell us the truth, not keep on telling lies and feeding us a load of BS and broken promises

Please give it a break.  No, I haven't missed your point.  Of course i understand that all you want is to be "treated like adults".  I've already called for AirNav to provide a credible update on the status of developments, and clarify whether the more serious bugs are going to be fixed in RBv4, or if we'll have to wait for RBv5 for the fixes.

Not sure why you think I've missed your point.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:33:47 AM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

Point taken Dave. Nothing personal, just sheer exasperation on my part (& others I guess!)

It would be easier if Airnav just came out and said something solid.

"Sorry guys, no changes/updates whatsoever to the software of your current boxes will  be forthcoming".
OK...end of development of this box. No problem. I can handle that and at least we know where we stand.

Maybe "we're working on an all new box and as a long term existing owner you'll be entitled to a sizeable discount on the price when it launches in November".  Or "we have no plans to launch a new box" or perhaps "we are unlikely to launch a new box for at least a further 12 months".

Is clear communication with your customers so difficult? Apparently it is.

oliver14

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »

Point taken Dave. Nothing personal, just sheer exasperation on my part (& others I guess!)

It would be easier if Airnav just came out and said something solid.

"Sorry guys, no changes/updates whatsoever to the software of your current boxes will  be forthcoming".
OK...end of development of this box. No problem. I can handle that and at least we know where we stand.

Maybe "we're working on an all new box and as a long term existing owner you'll be entitled to a sizeable discount on the price when it launches in November".  Or "we have no plans to launch a new box" or perhaps "we are unlikely to launch a new box for at least a further 12 months".

Is clear communication with your customers so difficult? Apparently it is.

I think this is exactly what we need at this point.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 02:28:12 PM »
Seconded!!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
We would first like to apologize for the delay in replying to this thread. Unfortunately one of our team members has had a serious personal problem 7 days ago and we were waiting for his feedback to properly answer the points raised on this thread. We really hope you understand this situation.

Despite not yet visible we are working hard on the background on 3 RadarBox related projects. Unfortunately we cannot disclose details due to commercial reasons (we understand this is frustrating for users so interested in this project like you but unfortunately this forum is followed by thousands of members daily). Things are progressing quite well and we are doing our best to release one of the project in BETA before the end of August.

This year has been marked by the development of such projects as well as a continuous development on the ShipTrax/ShipSpotting.com front where we having a great success - have a visit to shipspotting.com and check the improvements made to the site recently with the addition of AIS and, currently, with the development of mobile solutions for iPad/iPhone/Android. We have also done a lot of stabilization development on our servers which is finally giving good results.

We are totally aware of the current problems with the RadarBox Windows software - especially the Equator Hole bug and we are working on it: a new version, V4.04 has been sent to users in those areas but we are still experiencing other bugs related to this problem.

In resume we are working hard and all of our users will be be very happy to what we are planning to release before the end of August which will bring a new dimension to the RadarBox world. We understand it is frustrating for you not to get more details about these projects but please be confident on our work and our efforts to continue to grow on the Virtual RadarBox hobby.

b777200er

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:49 PM »
More double talk that says nothing. And using a team member who had problems 7 days ago-------really bad on your part.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »
We are totally aware of the current problems with the RadarBox Windows software - especially the Equator Hole bug and we are working on it: a new version, V4.04 has been sent to users in those areas but we are still experiencing other bugs related to this problem.

I don't get it.  You asked me for a bug list last year, "in order of more attractive to users vs those that apply only to a minimal number of users".  And the bug you're working on is one listed as "Minority" in the "User Impacted" column.  Why not work on the seven more important bugs listed as "All" and "Majority" in the "User Impacted" column.

Or did I waste my time doing the bug list for you?

Runway 31

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:32 PM »
Tarbat,

I dont know the answer to your last and i  dont know if he just concentrated on the Equatorial bug as a for instance but as you are aware Supports reply a couple of pages ago stated  "We had planned to have a new major version of RadarBox released earlier this year however due to delays which are not in our control this hasn’t been possible. In fact the update given to the Singapore customer contained much of the updated code which rectified majority of issues on the bug pages. "

Hopefully the majority of the bugs you have in your list are accounted for and are included in what Dev alluded to but didnt go into any detail and will be available as he stated by end of August.  We will just have to wait and see.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:55:16 PM by Runway 31 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »
Hopefully the majority of the bugs you have in your list are accounted for and are included in what Dev alluded to but didnt go into any detail and will be available as he stated by end of August.  We will just have to wait and see.

I don't think it's the Radarbox Windows client that is due for release by the end of August!!  AFAIK, that's something else entirely.  I don't think we have a date for v4.04 release, unless AirNav want to clarify that.

Runway 31

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Reading it again you are correct and yes clarity on an update is no further forward

Alan

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
I think you've rather missed our point Chris - all we want is to be treated as we are - adults (mainly!?) and paying customers - cut the mealy mouthed management clap-trap and tell us the truth, not keep on telling lies and feeding us a load of BS and broken promises

Please give it a break.  No, I haven't missed your point.  Of course i understand that all you want is to be "treated like adults".  I've already called for AirNav to provide a credible update on the status of developments, and clarify whether the more serious bugs are going to be fixed in RBv4, or if we'll have to wait for RBv5 for the fixes.

Not sure why you think I've missed your point.

With the greatest of respect Chris, I personally feel you are a bit too close to AirNav to start telling the rest of us to be patient as in your post 23/07 at 1930.   I have just read your post of 1543 today, and if I was you I'd be feeling a lot more than frustrated!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
I have just read your post of 1543 today, and if I was you I'd be feeling a lot more than frustrated!

I am - a LOT more!!

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »
I'm totally flabbergasted.

I seriously, but obviously foolishly thought things had gone as low as they possibly could.......................

Could I maybe suggest a career in politics beckons AirNav?

Oh yes, nearly forgot, splendid news to welcome back our dear old friend "ShipTrax", but this time, he's brought "ShipSpotting" to the party - Hurrah! Three Cheers for everything nautical!!!

Anyhow, can't waste anymore time bemoaning the state of affairs with my lovely RadarBox, I'm off to visit shipspotting.com........................................................

Edit - oh yes, nearly forgot, is that August 2012???  It's going to have to be groundbreaking
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:23:22 PM by Marpleman »