anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83817 times)

bratters

Re: Develoments
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »
Is anybody any the wiser following Airnav's reply? If so please tell me whether and when we will be getting any software updates and whether and when a new box will appear and what it will contain. Sounds like more smoke and mirrors to me.

Phrases like "our hands are tied regarding announcing timelines" and "delays which are not in our control" cut no ice with this "armchair businessman". My business problems were mine to deal with and were never offered as excuses to my customers for non-delivery - not that they would have been accepted!

Like so many others, I have enjoyed my Box over the years and still use it but I'll need an awful a lot of persuasion to buy another - if indeed there ever is another.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2012, 07:30:11 PM »
My guess is that AirNav Support are waiting on AirNav Development for a more precise answer.  Airnav Development haven't been on the forum since 01:42am, so maybe unavailable.  Patience!!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:32:22 PM by tarbat »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »
Patience!!

Hi Chris, like you we've been patient for a long, long time and are getting fed up with downright lies and being stalled off for months.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

lambertw

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
Very disappointing the lack of progress,mirrored in other forums,looks like we have to put up with what we've got or move on as an individual.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »
My guess is that AirNav Support are waiting on AirNav Development for a more precise answer.  Airnav Development haven't been on the forum since 01:42am, so maybe unavailable.  Patience!!

Are you kidding?

The "AirNav" part in both "Development" and "Support" is the big giveaway!!!!

so now the left "arm" doesn't know what the right "arm" is doing.............

I've seen more "spin" on here than from a lifelong prosession of politiians.
Nothing at all is promised ever, period!

I think the responses from everyone speak volumes?

Yours, disappointed of Stockport.......

b777200er

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 12:34:18 AM »
it's air nav history to not update their product. acars, suite 4 and now radar box. they want your money and promise you everything, but never any updates. their answer was the biggest bunch of BS i've heard in a long time. and given away 50 box did not make me happy either, i had to pay hard earn money for mine when it first came out. i think it time they start taking care of their customers and stop the BS

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »
Are you kidding?

No, of course I'm not kidding.  Support and Development aren't the same.  Although I'm still very disappointed that Andre hasn't provided a credible update on the status of developments.

Brimon

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 08:39:09 AM »
Shiptrax has been used constantly as an excuse for delays in the bug fixes/updating of the Airnav software. The Radarbox is not a cheap piece of kit, when you consider the free apps out there & also take into account network charges etc. I have not re-subscribed to the live network, nor will I , until new software is released. I am at present, until all the major bugs are swatted, happy using my box just capturing my own aerial returns.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 08:18:18 PM »
My guess is that AirNav Support are waiting on AirNav Development for a more precise answer. Airnav Development haven't been on the forum since 01:42am, so maybe unavailable. Patience!!
Are you kidding?
No, of course I'm not kidding. Support and Development aren't the same. Although I'm still very disappointed that Andre hasn't provided a credible update on the status of developments.
Come on Tarbat wise up !
 AirNav is one organisation. I'm FD for a semicondutor manufaturer. Several other directors also exist in the same company. We know exactly what the organisatioional strategy and goals are and don't need to wait for others to be available on such issues.

Both Dev and Support are part of the same, irrespective of them being different individuals.

I think this probably tells us more than anything about the tin-pot organisation we're dealing with?

Couldn't agree more with your last point though!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 09:36:35 PM »
Come on Tarbat wise up !

I don't need anyone telling me to "wise up" when it comes to Airnav.  I probably know more about who does what within Airnav than most.  In fact I probably know more about their development plans as well, having tested some of it, and even been consulted on some aspects.

I just find it frustrating when developments get delayed.  I can guess why the RBv5 software has been delayed, and I can also understand why Airnav won't say publicly what the delay is.  But it's frustrating for end-users to not know if the more serious bugs are going to be fixed in RBv4, or if they'll have to wait for RBv5 for the fixes.

For example, during the ShipTrax development, I knew why the release was delayed, since it was me that found the problems that delayed the launch.  But I always agreed not to discuss in public the contents of emails with Airnav Development.

One question.  Did Birdie (Singapore) get the equatorial bug fix in an early release of RBv5?  Or a patched RBv4?

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »
Please Guys lets not fight amongst ourselves, but encourage the developers to hasten their efforts in producing a more improved product.
Thanks,  Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

dumpty

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2012, 08:49:27 AM »
I've been sitting on the fence on this one until now but I've got to get it off my chest...

Can someone add a 'p' to the thread title!!

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Developments
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:03 AM »
Who`s taken the " P "   ?   ;-)))
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

chewycanes

Re: Developments
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 09:15:24 AM »
Hi Guys
I gave up with Airnav responses ages ago.
Its the same old waffle and six months down the line we will still be asking the same questions.

Brian

bratters

« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
Please Guys lets not fight amongst ourselves, but encourage the developers to hasten their efforts in producing a more improved product.
Thanks,  Dave.

Dave - I totally agree with your comment about pointless in-fighting but to suggest that we should  "encourage the developers to hasten their efforts in producing a more improved product" is to wave a big red flag at a herd of bulls.

Let's face it,  this very thread is testament to the exasperation felt with Airnav's utter failure to respond to our constant and countless pleadings over the years. What more should we say that has not already been said? 

Virtually the only threads on the forum these days are devoted to Update Requests, Logos, Outlines, and Silhouettes - all of them DIY and that in itself speaks volumes about the state of product support for a product that cost £400 a pop plus charges for additional serices.

Encourage the developers??? You've got to be kidding Dave - we're way past that point now.