AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83821 times)

bearcat

Re: Develoments
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
I suspect the equatorial black hole bug is being fixed so Airnav can cover these areas for their professional customers along with the 50 free boxes given away. Otherwise why has it taken so long to fix, not that I use the network and hasn't affected me?

I am beginning to think that the enthusiasts requirements are secondary to their core business

I guess everyone would like something different and it would be difficult to choose between everything suggested. Personally I would like an Interested flag.

ACW367

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2012, 08:33:26 PM »

I guess everyone would like something different and it would be difficult to choose between everything suggested. Personally I would like an Interested flag.

Bearcat
This is not about enhancements to the software, IE new features, Airnav have maintained that they would look at the enhancements like an interested flag as part of  the 'next great thing'. 

However, the 'next great thing' always seems to take 2-3 years to develop and V4.03 has now been out for two and a half years full of bugs. 

In the interest of good customer service to its current user base and to continue sales of its current product lines, any sensible company would issue patches to their current product lines to make V4.03 stable and bug free.   
Even if it meant it had to temporarily put on hold development of the 'next great thing' and any desirable or otherwise enhancements that may or may not contain.  I bought Radarbox and am very happy with the features of V4.03 as they were advertised to me.  However, I just want V4.03 to operate as advertised and it currently does not.   

If I choose not to update for whatever reason with whatever enhancement comes with the 'next great thing' (because new features do not suit my needs or have different costs perhaps), I as a valued existing customer will then be left to live with the bugs in V4.03 forever more.  A patch now to solve those bugs would keep us all happy campers in the interim and then we can all decide in future whether 'the next great thing' suits our needs and make logical decisions on whether to download/purchase it.

ACW367

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
And don't forget, any professional customers signing up right now, like the rest of us will not be happy if ICAOs and in certain cases their professional company names (if they contain diacritical marks) display corrupted

bearcat

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2012, 06:40:27 AM »
ACW367

I know this thread is all about fixes. My personal choice was in response to a question posed by Runway 31 previously

"Apart from fixing bugs what else do you want from your software/box that it doesnt already do and what would you like your box to do that other boxes can do."

bratters

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »
ACW367

I know this thread is all about fixes. My personal choice was in response to a question posed by Runway 31 previously

"Apart from fixing bugs what else do you want from your software/box that it doesnt already do and what would you like your box to do that other boxes can do."

Future developments/wishlist have nothing to do with this. There are separate threads for that.

On here the majority opinion is saying that we just want the product to do what it claimed to do when we bought it. That means that those long-established software bugs should have been be corrected by now.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
That means that those long-established software bugs should have been be corrected by now.

Agreed.  Airnav really owe us an explanation.  I went to a lot of time and effort last year to compile a list of bugs, prioritise them, take feedback, etc. as requested by Airnav.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6532.msg73955#msg73955

I do think they now owe us an explanation as to:
1. Which of the bugs will be fixed in v4.04, and when can we expect delivery of v4.04 into beta-testing.
2. Which bugs will have to wait until Radarbox 5 to be fixed.

At the moment it seems like I wasted all my time and effort compiling the list of bugs for Airnav.

tommyg

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2012, 08:53:54 AM »
The question is would I spend £400 again on a system that is not being updated regularly when I can spend a lot less on telephone/tablet Apps that do the same as RB and are updated. The answer is NO. Although I love my RB having had one since V2.0 and having many updates, the last two years have been very disappointing in relation to getting any bugs fixed and lack of customer service.

Tommy
Tommyg

EK01

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
And from AN there is :

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »
We have been reading each post and while our hands are tied regarding announcing timelines we do apologise to those customers who have been disappointed with our efforts.

We have had a master plan which has been affected by various items over the last few years such as ShipTrax delays and others which have caused this situation and we can only profusely apologise.

While its easy to be an armchair businessman the reality is sometimes decisions which are made don’t always work out correctly and delays occur. We had planned to have a new major version of RadarBox released earlier this year however due to delays which are not in our control this hasn’t been possible. In fact the update given to the Singapore customer contained much of the updated code which rectified majority of issues on the bug pages.

We will be looking at whether an updated version can be released soon as beta or whether it will be worth making sure all the issues noted have been rectified before releasing a major version update.

We are however 100% involved in providing a product which is unmatched in terms of features and reputation. Lets however put a few items into perspective, RadarBox is still unrivalled in many features which work straight out the box. We do still have thousands of customers who are very happy with there RadarBoxes across the world and we do have many special features and projects upcoming.

While the market has changed in the last few years we are still fully behind supporting RadarBox and its customers and of course developing it further. We do value your feedback and comments and we hope you continue to be stay with us and be pleasantly surprised with new projects and updates.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:32:09 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 03:49:10 PM »
We will be looking at whether an updated version can be released soon as beta or whether it will be worth making sure all the issues noted have been rectified before releasing a major version update.

If it were my decision, I would elect to release an updated version ASAP, to address the top FOUR items on the bug list.  That would go some way towards restoring confidence in AirNav's commitment to bug-fixing, and would have the maximum impact on the majority of users.  As always, I'm willing to put the time and effort into beta-testing if it will help resolve the major bugs.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2012, 04:06:27 PM »
In fact the update given to the Singapore customer contained much of the updated code which rectified majority of issues on the bug pages.

Hello Airnav

I just want to know why this version isn't in testing and due to be released ASAP if it has cured most of the bugs?

Thank you

Andrew
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:08:32 PM by orkney »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
The code bases are different, without going into techincals the version which we wanted to release earlier this year was built from the ground up however this is not fully ready yet. There are various reasons to why this version is not ready which we will not go into yet.

Some of the updated code was then ported back to Version 4. At present we will need to decide whether we press ahead with the new version which is built in a different way and release when its ready. Or we stop that development and port back code to the older version to remove any bugs.

Of course we anticapted that the new major version release would have been released by now hence not needing to work the Version 4 code. Hope that explains things a bit better. 
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »
Hello Airnav

Thanks for that, It does explain some things.

Andrew

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
We do value your feedback and comments and we hope you continue to be stay with us and be pleasantly surprised without new projects and updates.

I think this sentence could be described as a "Freudian Slip" but is probably nearer the truth!

- EDIT AirNav Support, Oops thanks we will change the post and we promise projects are features are on the way.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:33:21 PM by AirNav Support »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

oliver14

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2012, 06:11:39 PM »
I fear this thread will now fizzle out again, and another year will pass with nothing happening.