anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Developments  (Read 83815 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Develoments
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 09:33:03 PM »
Keep on rocking Jon whatever your song, your age is only a number, its how you feel inside that does it.

Hi Alan, as someone once said to me "You're only as old as the woman you feel"!   My good lady is almost 19 years younger than me.  When we started getting together, I was 36, and she was 15 - I'm the only boyfriend she's ever had.   At the time no-one thought it would last - the dirty old man heading towards middle age, taking advantage of the young girl, but we're still going strong with a 25yrs old daughter, who's not interested in radios, technology (other than her I-pad), model railways, photography etc., although she would like to know more about DIY car maintenance.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 03:14:28 AM »
Your quote is something I've never heard here in the states ... but it works for me!
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 07:22:34 AM »
Good on you Jon, got to agree.

Alan

oliver14

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Returning back to the original post, do we have any approximate date Airnav ?

Chris11

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 03:11:52 PM »
I have also given up waiting. Every bit of software I own has had some update in the last year, except ANRB. Not even minor bug fixes appear.
The apps on my phone are updated almost weekly.

knight01

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 07:06:24 PM »
"Almost there" about bug fixes/new version has been going on for few years.  You may want to look at this thread started Oct. 2011 and last updated Dec. 2011.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6532.0

This was 6-8 months ago and no change or update since.  I've also given up waiting.

bratters

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 07:26:46 PM »
If there's something "new" coming, it seems unlikely there will be any updates.
Maybe the question is would you buy a new model RB ?

bearcat

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 08:06:27 AM »
Sorry to say no. I like the interface and GUI but it's the lack of interest in fixing bugs. Who's to say that a new box will ever bugs fixed

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 07:39:40 PM »

I've not posted for a good few months on the forum,

Are we still waiting for ShipTrax......................................................  ;-)

Love my box to death, and the craick on this forum, but quite frankly the silence from AirNav, is as usual deafening.

It's becoming a bit like an anniversary question thesedays!

Alan - what you up to in Spain mate? Have you had to get away to see some decent football? David Silva's only down the road from here still you know!

I did think some things would never happen before any new RadarBox developments, but blimey, even my beloved team have won the Prem...........

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »
Hey Rich, I'm still hopeful, glass half full type me.

long time no hear, too busy sobering up and traipsing around Europe with the Premier League Campions I suppose.

Came to Spain to get away from the awful British weather even if its only for 6 months of the year. 

The mighty Motherwell are playing in the Champions League along side the best in Europe, at least for 2 games anyway!!!  Playing Olympiakos so expecting a hammering and I cant even manage to get back for the home leg at the end of the month.

Cheers

Alan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:51:05 AM by Runway 31 »

ACW367

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »

I've not posted for a good few months on the forum,

Are we still waiting for ShipTrax......................................................  ;-)

Love my box to death, and the craick on this forum, but quite frankly the silence from AirNav, is as usual deafening.

It's becoming a bit like an anniversary question thesedays!

I have the anniversary date of 28 September marked in my diary.  That will be the four year point since I bought my box in 2008.  Still love it, but haven't had any bug-free software release in the 3 years and 10 months since that day.

If only they would release a patch for the Equator black hole, the alert function and the ICAO corruption (at the minimum) which have all been present and reported since 2008.  That would go some way to restore user confidence that they may indeed some day become a company with reliable tech support for existing products. 

The ICAO corruption must be the easiest patch to create, the data is fully correct in the updaters DB, Airnav just need to identify why the software ignores that correct info as it passes through the Airnav servers to users. 

It remains a mystery to me how a software company isn't going flat out to patch known and reported bugs in thier primary product lines.  Instead they have spent around four years doing nothing on them.  For 99% of software companies this is always number one priority.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:45:07 AM by ACW367 »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2012, 11:01:17 AM »
Couldn't agree more ACW.

Lost track of the number of times this type of thread has been posted, and then dwindled away with maybe one or two meagre responses from AirNav.

Put it this way, if my box died for whatever reason (God forbid!), I'd be looking at competitor products in line with developments in their portfolio, and the progress they'd made in the past four years before I purchased anything new.

I could forgive the lack of immediate progress if we had a better line of feedback on bug-fixes and/or new developments.

No doubt the recent activity on this thread will produce another post telling us to be patient and that we will be amazed at what is in store in the near future.....................................

I suppose, being pragmatic, my box does what I want it to, but being realistic, it could do a whole lot more?

Alan - I'll look out for you in the CPL next season, best of luck! To be honest , I've only just about recovered from the last game last season in the EPL!! Don't think I'll ever experience anything like that again - the bruising on my lower legs from  being hurled over the seats in front has just about gone!! Enjoy the weather etc over there, you're certainly not missing much over here!

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 11:10:16 AM »
I was under the impression that a patch for the Equator black hole bug has been developed and Birdie in Singapore had been testing it.  I remember Dev putting out a reply recently requesting anyone in the affected equatorial areas to contact Support for the patch.

I see users wanting their software/boxes to do more for them.  Apart from fixing bugs what else do you want from your software/box that it doesnt already do and what would you like your box to do that other boxes can do.

I am sure that even although we dont hear from them very often,  they actually look at the forum replies

Alan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:12:37 AM by Runway 31 »

ACW367

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
I was under the impression that a patch for the Equator black hole bug has been developed and Birdie in Singapore had been testing it.  I remember Dev putting out a reply recently requesting anyone in the affected equatorial areas to contact Support for the patch.

I see users wanting their software/boxes to do more for them.  Apart from fixing bugs what else do you want from your software/box that it doesnt already do and what would you like your box to do that other boxes can do.

I am sure that even although we dont hear from them very often,  they actually look at the forum replies

Alan

I'm not interested in new gizmos, only a stable version 4.

With the equator bug it took 3 1/2 years to do anything, it has been in testing for circa 1 month and still Singapore does not appear on the network.  Therefore in my opinion that patch is not there yet. 

Runway 31

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:47 AM »
Going a bit over the top with that response ACW, I cant agree that bug fixes being required makes the current version unstable

I would suggest the reason Singapore is not on the map is because Birdie requires an antenna, nothing to do with the patch

Regarding your coment on Gizmos this suggestion was in response to comments from users for additional functionality that they consider other units provide, even if you dont feel the need for these, comments from others may suggest otherwise

Alan