AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding Aircraft to MY LOG  (Read 2267 times)

AV61

Adding Aircraft to MY LOG
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »
Hi
Is it possible to add an aircraft to MY LOG which you havent actually picked up on Radarbox.
The reason I ask is for my own spotting purposes I wish to add an aircraft I have seen
to record it in my log as aircraft I have seen I endorse the comments column with a "Y".
so if I can add one I can record it as seen and the fact that no info will appear in the PREVIOUS FLIGHTS will indicate to me its one I have seen but not via the Radarbox
Thanks
Nick

neroon79

Re: Adding Aircraft to MY LOG
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:08 AM »
With current version a manual adding under MyLog within the RB Software is not possible. It is possible to use other Database tools like SQLITE to add entries to the MyLog.db3, but if you are not 100% sure in using this database tools I won't recommend you to go this way. If you want to go there anyway you should always use back-up copies.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

chewycanes

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »
Hi Nick
What i have done in the past is as follows but requires the aircraft to have a Modes code assigned.

1) Go to somewhere like Airfarmes or Gatwick Aviation Society and find the Modes code for the aircraft you want to add.
2) Go to Mylog and look for one that has not populated ( ie only Modes and Modescountry populated).
3) Click on Modes code and edit it with the new code then modify the modes country.

You can then get it to populate as normal if its in the Nav database. If not post it on the forum for database update.

Hope this helps. I advise you to take a backup before you do it and at regular times just in case you corrupt it at sometime.

Brian

AV61

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:59 AM »
thanks for the info
maybe the option to do it may be a consideration for future editions in the meantime I may try Brians suggestion and see how I get on
again many thanks to you both
Nick

AV61

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
ok how do i create a backup of my log
nick

chewycanes

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »
Nick

Before you open AN go to My Computer and find where you put the Airnav program

eg c:\Airnav\Program Files\Airnav Systems\Airnav Radarbox\Data

When you get to the data folder there are four folders i suggest you copy and save somewhere else :-

Mylog.db3
Mylog.db3.bak
Navdata.db3
Navdata.db3.bak

nb If for some reason the database did not close properly you may see a db3-journal files so copy them as well.

I copy these on a regular basis so that if i lose the data it may only be a day or two losses and not months.

Brian