anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircrafts photo download - stopped working?  (Read 32668 times)

Bat 21

Re: Aircrafts photo download - stopped working?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2012, 04:02:22 PM »
Thanks Alan   ...
    will prob just wait till next release

Still think it's a backwards move though

Bat21

Bat 21

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »
This picture thing is a bit rubbish at the moment - do we know how long till the next Navdata release?

I can't be bothered to change the link everytime a new a/c is picked up - probably only to find planespotter hasn't got a pic of it anyway.

The airliners.net link should have been left intact at least until the new Navdata

Not a happy Bat!!

Bat21

Runway 31

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
This may be helpful for those of you who havent used it yet http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6525.0  contains many thousands of photos for your photo folder.

Alan

Bat 21

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2012, 05:29:35 PM »
A good few thousand pics there for sure - but tiny compared to the Airliners.net database.

Is there some financial reason for the change because it makes no sense from our "users" point of view, to be honest the fact that I now hardly receive any pics when looking at network traffic in exotic places makes think I will not bother renewing my network subscription.

The last Nav update (Sept 8th I think) hardly had any planespotter links in it so surely the Airliners.net link can be restored.

Bat21

Netcop

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:14 AM »
Support,

Even when you changed link to planespotters, thumbnails downloading doesn’t work for me now in the same way as this process didn’t work at airliners link some time ago.

Links to planespotters  photos  are downloaded to Navdata database from your servers, but I still have “No picture available” information on the screen instead of thumbnails. If I click on this message I have full size picture of aircraft according to the link.

As for changing the link from airliners to planespotters,  from my point of view, this is not a technical issue, but in fact a significant downgrade of current RadarBox software. Statement from AirNav that it’s connected with “upcoming releases of new AirNav Systems solutions” doesn’t sound very convincing to me. If downgrade of a very important feature in a pretty good current software is the company’s  way to develop some new software I don’t believe that this way will give more customers loyalty to AirNav.
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:25 AM »
We have been using Airliners.net for many years in products going beyond RadarBox as many of you are aware. We haven't taken this change lightly and there are reasons why we have made this change, some of the reasons left us with little choice but to move unfortunately. These will become apparent soon.

This isn't a case of us just wanting to change pictures just to cause hassle. 
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

knight01

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:10 PM »
We are sorry for not sending a brief on this situation to the main forum (we sent it to database updaters only).

Airnav knew users won't be happy with the change, so didn't publish this important feature change on the main forum.  Now the cats out of the bag, we are seeing low quality pics or no pictures at all.
How about putting everything in the open and listing all future and nearly complete projects, what features will be added and what taken away.

bratters

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »
We are sorry for not sending a brief on this situation to the main forum (we sent it to database updaters only).

Airnav knew users won't be happy with the change, so didn't publish this important feature change on the main forum.  Now the cats out of the bag, we are seeing low quality pics or no pictures at all.
How about putting everything in the open and listing all future and nearly complete projects, what features will be added and what taken away.

I'm looking for a picture of a four engine stubby pink job I've just spotted. Registration FLYING PIG.  Can anyone help?

bratters

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »
That's the baby Romdouk. Quite a few round these here parts.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 01:15:07 AM »
W are aware of this problem and we are working on this as we speak.
It's a server software problem and a new photo provided problem.
We will be back with more news when we have them (it could take up to 48 hrs to correct these issues).

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »
Problem is now fully identified but not yet corrected. More news to follow.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 11:37:45 PM »
This problem is now fully solved.
If any more problems are found please contact our support at [email protected] or reply to this thread.

Bat 21

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 07:01:31 AM »
Seems to be fine here - new pics are downloading from planespotters.net (where available )

bratters

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 08:13:35 AM »
Agreed.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2012, 11:30:00 PM »
We've moved to planespotters.net and we are still in negotiations with airliners.net.
As you all know we are involved in new projects and are reaching new agreements with external data providers.

For the moment we will continue to use planespotters.net thumbnails.
We will keep you posted on whether we will switch to airliners.net again or use both in the future.