AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB Disconnects  (Read 2036 times)

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
ANRB Disconnects
« on: June 16, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
This has been an ongoing issue with both my original and current ANRB and on several different computers. I leave my computer and ARNB on 24/7 and occasionally the ANRB will just stop working, the green power light is on but no activity is being shown. I pull the USB cable out and plug it back in to restore proper operation and it will work for a few more days before stopping again.

When I noticed it this morning I tried quitting the program and left the box plugged in, and it would not work again until I pulled out the USB plug and reinserted it.

My current computer is a current model iMac with 16MB RAM, Windows 7Pro-64 running within Parallels, but the same behavior has been noted on several other computers, including my prior Mac with the same setup as well as several other HP, Dell and Lenovo machines.

I have replaces the USB cable a couple times, used different ports on the machines and replaced the drivers and it continues. Some times I go a week or more, but usually about every second or third day I have to pull the plug...

Any other ideas?

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Re: ANRB Disconnects
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
No idea why it happens but I have similar problems on my Win7 PC which runs ARNB 24/7.  The workaround I have found is to leave the sw running but disable the Airnav USB driver and then re-enable within Windows device manager.  This then gets the system running again.  Assume a similar procedure is possible on a Mac.

HTH

graham

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
Re: ANRB Disconnects
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:34:23 PM »
I find it easier to pull the USB cable and reinsert it than disable the driver and re-enable it but I suppose they are just two ways to achieve the same end.

I have tried multiple USB ports as well as using a powered hub and multiple different USB cables and all seem to do the same thing.

The longest I have gone is a week or so and the shortest seems to be about a day and a half, usually it has to be reset every few days.