anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: finaly i have my outdoor antenna  (Read 2211 times)

vonsmalhausen

finaly i have my outdoor antenna
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:53:06 PM »
and what a difference !!!!!!
from a average of 9-12 hits in "my flights", i go up to a whoppy 125-140 :-)
bought the Wimo bundle with pre-amp and 10 meters of low loss cable, i have 4 sections of alluminium mast (1.5m each) but left 1 out, as it was a bit to wobbeling, will figgure out how to put some rigging on the mast, so i can put in the extra section ; now i'm just under rooftop, so my reception to the north is not optimal.
at first i was a bit panicking ; i only got 1 flight from now and then ; tuned out i had switched the in and outgoing end at the pré-amp

vonsmalhausen

Re: finaly i have my outdoor antenna
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:50:12 AM »
here's a polar diagram after some 12 houres up,
excellent reception from NW over the south up to NE, to the north it is not optimal due to my rooftop, but still much better then what i got with my standard twig behind a window facing north.
flights on EBBR i get down to +- 1000 ft, on "Brussels South" EBCI i had flights down to +- 800 ft
highest number i noticed was 221 hits today, and that is on a dull weekday, can't wait to see what i get on a sunny summer w.e. with all the VFR traffic.
i waited long to put this antenna up, but it is well worth the monney ; i only can recomend this to everybody

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: finaly i have my outdoor antenna
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
Thats great coverage vonsmalhausen!
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]