anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trojan detected in Airnav forum  (Read 17673 times)

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Trojan detected in Airnav forum
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »
I run AVG 2012 and have not had a problem at all with the AirNav site.  (Touch wood)
Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »
Hi all, this is the site I keep getting re-directed to, without me doing anything at all - I don't think this site is corrupt or malicious, but why do I keep getting transferred to it - has anyone else had this site problem or a similar problem please.    I think I may just save everything I need to keep transferred to a DVD (or 2, or 3.....), and completely re-format the HDDs, then re-load Windows from scratch and install NcAfee as first thing on-line.    Any help or suggestions welcome ............

http://replicaguccihq.com/
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2012, 12:00:43 AM »
Hi Jon

I'm afraid that this may be a problem that's unique to you, rather than coming from the AirNav site. I was getting the Norton notice of a attack, but that's gone away - haven't seen it for a good few days now.

Rather than reformatting your disks, just do a full scan with a reputable anti-virus program/malware detector and/or Windows Defender. Microsoft Security Essentials is highly recommended and free.

Good luck!

Rod

Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
Its good to be wise after the event but get yourself some protection as advised by Rod.

Got to agree with Rod on this I think what you are experiencining Jon is unique to yourself and nothing to do with this site.   The first thing you should do with a new computer is get anti-virus proection before going online.  These products dont just protect against visuses they protect against malware/adware/hijacking such as you are expeiencing.

There are lots of free malware/adware programs out there, get one or two and do a full scan.  Even doing this can ve hazardous just ensure you are on a reputable website and watch what buttons you press.

Products like  Lavasoft adaware, http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php  will provide you with the protection you need and also ensure you keep up to date with the protection offered by Microsoft with their updates.

Alan

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »
Norton and McAfee have got very resource heavy over the years, so has AVG.
Personally I use Microsoft Security Essentials and Outpost Firewall. I also use Malwarebytes as a backup if anything does get through.
The good thing with Malwarebytes is that it will run in normal, safe mode and from DOS so I would try downloading and run it in Safe Mode, John, before re-formatting the hard drive.
If it finds anything, remove it, reboot back into Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes again as sometimes these things will re-install themselves.

Martin.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
Hi Rod, Alan and Martin, many thanks to you all, I will try your suggestions before wiping, as I'd lose so much other info - 99% of which is probably total cr*p which I'll never need to access anyway!   I've had Orange's McAfee running for 2 days now but still getting sent to the handbag shop - now what colour matches my eyes? - no, there's nothing quite that bloodshot..................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 04:29:09 PM »
Over the years I've also tried them all.  I can recommend Mirosoft Security Essentials, it works well for me.  I use Microsoft XP Pro.

I also run Spybot now and then.

Had a worm yesterday, removed it with Spybot.  It was W3i.IQ5.fraud.  Don't know where it came from.

John
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

Hawkeye

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »
Hi Jon,

Brimon reported in Reply#17 that like you he was being redirected to another site and it seems that TDSSKiller cured his problem.

Obviously good advice from Rod, Alan and Martin re protection,  but  ……….
In my case the trojans etc reappeared several times when revisiting this site even though they were found and removed by over half a dozen other malware and antivirus programmes the guy I mentioned in my last posting carries around on a memory stick in relation to his job. Even MS Defender Offline which runs from a bootup disc didn’t stop ‘em coming back after detection and removal.  As I said, he told me this situation can only be resolved by eliminating them at their source. Presumably, if it wasn't, the same situation would occur even after a Windows reinstall

It would seem that  the general problem has now been resolved but a response from AND to my last posting could perhaps reassure us that this is the case.

Good luck,
Syd

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
Hi John and Syd, many thanks for the comments, will have a look at MSE.