AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: EGCN : Doncaster Sheffield airport - why isn't it on the map?  (Read 12175 times)

John Hargreaves

Hello all,

Is there any reason why EGCN/Doncaster Sheffield isn't shown on the map? It's one of my locals and it's a bit annoying to see planes disappear or pop up in the middle of nowhere.
Radarbox is great and would be ever better if you could correct this for me!

Thanks,

John H.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: EGCN : Doncaster Sheffield airport - why isn't it on the map?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:36:14 PM »
Hello all,

Is there any reason why EGCN/Doncaster Sheffield isn't shown on the map? It's one of my locals and it's a bit annoying to see planes disappear or pop up in the middle of nowhere.
Radarbox is great and would be ever better if you could correct this for me!

Thanks,

John H.

John, why don't you draw your own .out file for Sheffield and then you can post it here for others to use :-)

See here for instructions:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=632.0

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:39:51 PM »
Or try this outline from Bones

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:44:43 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:52:40 PM »
Oh, you mean RAF Finningley, I've got that on my map!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:08:06 PM »
The nav database may be out of date and hence your not seeing the correct name or airport. The out files work very well in correcting that.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ChrisGR

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »
To the other side question
How to delete two airport from my map who is not existed any more?
LGAT
LGMR

Thanks
Chris

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 08:24:50 PM »
You can't I am afraid, Sorry.
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »
You might be able to, it may just be transparent in the background. We haven't tried this.
[email protected]

EINN-07

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
Hi Support
Is there any way we can 'mess around' with the waypoints and airports databases the same way we can with the D008.dat file ?

The airways for Irish airspace in the Maps / Aviation signs / airways are a couple of years out of date. To get it correct I created a completely new outline for the complete Irish airspace ( took a weekend but well worth the effort ).

The only problem I am left with now is that the fixes are now out of date also ( by about 2 years ). The STARS and SIDS for Shannon now use fixes which are not on the map and I have no way of editing them. I have all the raw data.

ChrisGR

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
Maybe in some future version has a function to change color for different airports activity . For inactive airport some manual choice like map background color?

Thank you anyway for your answer
Chris

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 08:55:14 AM »
There are also likely to be major changes to the London are for Luton Stansted etc from later this years so I think it needs to be a priority to be able to change this data. What about being able to blank out all the AirNav data and just use the Bones stuff which is editable ?

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 09:39:50 AM »
Morning

Could someone just clarify for me the purpose of these outline files?

In John's original question he is saying EGCN is not on his map, mine neither, and I live close by too. What I would like to see is the airport located on the map, as others are, with the runways marked and with the usual extended centre lines showing.

By putting the co-ordinates that you speak of into the outline directory am I implemeting an 'outline' of the airport layout i.e. taxiways, runways etc (which is what I don't want really) or would I just be marking the airport's position on the map ?

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
Morning

Could someone just clarify for me the purpose of these outline files?

In John's original question he is saying EGCN is not on his map, mine neither, and I live close by too. What I would like to see is the airport located on the map, as others are, with the runways marked and with the usual extended centre lines showing.

By putting the co-ordinates that you speak of into the outline directory am I implemeting an 'outline' of the airport layout i.e. taxiways, runways etc (which is what I don't want really) or would I just be marking the airport's position on the map ?

Take a look at this website:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm

The bits that interest us are the "Outline Files - Airspace" and the "Outline Files - Airfields".  Forget about the coastlines and waypoints - don't need these as RadarBox has these already.

The outline files draw an "outline" which can be controlled airspace, airfields, or other areas of interest.  You can do what you like with outline files, either use those prepared by others, or make your own.  See the FAQ here for details of this:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=632.0

You can have full airport and taxiway outlines - as on the Bones website, or just runways and centrelines, the majority of which are already in RadarBox (just make sure you have them selected "on").  It's up to you what you display :-)

Wayne

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »
Allocator

Thanks vey much. These things look 10 times more scary than they actually are ! I'll have a go at that later today.

Thanks again

Wayne

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
Hello again

I'm sorry to labour this point and I understand fully the concept of the outline file which I have in place. However, what I really wanted was just the position and associated label and name for EGCN just like the other airports are shown on RadarBox when I bought it. For example if I zoom in on EGCC I can see a couple of strips representing the two runways and an extended centreline for both of them. This is what I really wanted to do for EGCN rather than have a full airfield outline. Is there a way to do that or is it something RadarBox people have to implement.

Cheers
Wayne