AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5  (Read 9770 times)

spotter1964

No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
« on: March 25, 2008, 01:24:17 PM »
Hi AirNav

Sorry to say but I get the same problem with version 1.5

I have a new Windows Vista Dell laptop. I have had version 1.3 since last year and it works with no problems. I now have 1.5 loaded and I see no flights whatsoever on the map or on the screen listing. If I connect to the network then I do receive flights. I notice that the hardware connected flight is mainly yellow but every now and again goes red and says unconnected. This never happens with 1.3. I have had 1.3 running for 10 days or more with out logging out and the laptop connected to the internet all that period. I am happy with 1.3 except for when I saw an SBS box with the altitudes displaying in the US, which on AirNav I did not see, how is this? Please see attached.

In regard to 1.5, can you suggest anything else I might try without being too technical

When is 1.3 being sunset

Thanks Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:03 PM »
Hi AirNav

Sorry to say but I get the same problem with version 1.5

I have a new Windows Vista Dell laptop. I have had version 1.3 since last year and it works with no problems. I now have 1.5 loaded and I see no flights whatsoever on the map or on the screen listing. If I connect to the network then I do receive flights. I notice that the hardware connected flight is mainly yellow but every now and again goes red and says unconnected. This never happens with 1.3. I have had 1.3 running for 10 days or more with out logging out and the laptop connected to the internet all that period. I am happy with 1.3 except for when I saw an SBS box with the altitudes displaying in the US, which on AirNav I did not see, how is this? Please see attached.

In regard to 1.5, can you suggest anything else I might try without being too technical

When is 1.3 being sunset

Thanks Paul

The hardware connected light must be GREEN, otherwise the hardware is not connected correctly.  Have you got the correct AirNav USB driver installed?

I do not understand your comment regarding SBS-1 and Radarbox altitudes.  Did you see an SBS-1 in the USA where it was showing altitudes, or do you mean that you could see USA traffic from another country?

Altitude, or Flight Level is always available with RadarBox, both on the map and in the aircraft list.

spotter1964

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »
Hi Airnav

The light is green, sorry not yellow, but it goes to Red every so often. This only happens on 1.4 and 1.5, do you have different drivers than 1.3. I am logged into 1.3v again with no problems at all. I also attach a screenshot of my display on 1.3, as you can see most aircaraft are missing their altitudes, and yes I was in the US watching a friends SBS box and he had the altitudes of all aircraft

Thanks Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 02:00:41 PM »
Hi Paul,

I'm not AirNav, just another Radarbox user.

The latest RadarBox USB drivers are version 2.2.4.0 although I have no idea how you can see the version in VISTA.

I can't see your screenshot I'm afraid as it is a wps file and I'm not familiar with that format.

Allocator
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:02:41 PM by Allocator »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:06:25 PM »
The latest RadarBox USB drivers are version 2.2.4.0 although I have no idea how you can see the version in VISTA.

In Vista, use Device Manager, and under USB Controllers you'll see AirNav Radarbox, with properties:

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 02:10:32 PM »
Looked at your screenshot, and 50% of the aircraft have altitude, which is probably about right.  Not all aircraft transmit position and altitude information.

In the SBS screenshot, a lot of aircraft show 0ft.  That does not mean they're all on the ground, since in SBS1 Basestation aircraft that don't transmit altitude are wrongly shown as 0ft.  In Radarbox, these are correctly shown as blank.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 02:14:24 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
I suspect what you are trying to say is that you are not seeing altitude for aircraft which are just mode-s only (only appear on the list).

If this is the case, firstly can you confirm when you bought RadarBox? As Our first thought it that you bought before 1.3 and upgraded to 1.3 but did not do the correct firmware upgrade or drivers.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

spotter1964

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:45:24 PM »
Hi Airnav.

I bought the box last year. One of the first to be delivered. I have looked at my drivers and the version is 2.0.0.0 dated 19 May 2006. Is this related to my original question of 1.4 and 1.5 not working at all except when on the network. How do I get updated drivers, please dont make it complicated!!!##Thanks Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »
Paul,

Open 1.5 then go Help -> About and tell us what the firmware version says.
[email protected]

spotter1964

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
It does not have a version next to firmware, it is blank. THe software version is ANRB15 dated 19 March

spotter1964

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 06:35:22 PM »
Hi Airnav

I think i know the problem and that is I did not know there were any patch releases or new versions, as I just dont have time to be on the forum all day or night. I am trying to load 1.3 again from your October release but when trying to copy the firmware to the Airnav folder I am unable as it vista says I dont have the rights, although I am the adminstrator, does anyone on the forum know a way around this. Or AirNav can you please send the latest version on disc so I can reload as new

Do you not advise by email new versions/patches etc

Thanks for any help
Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »
You can download and the follow the upgrade from the link below:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Once you have done the firmware upgrade once, do NOT attempt to do it again. The link above should allow you to save it to the RadarBox location and run it.

The issue regarding emailing everyone is that not all RadarBoxes are bought through us and hence we do not have all your emails. We did send announcements to those who signed up to the forum.
[email protected]

spotter1964

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 07:43:01 AM »
Hi Airnav

Well I tried this for several hours last night to no avail. I run vista and do not get the following instructions

Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
 - Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install";
 - Click "Have Disk";
 - Select the "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers" folder;
 - Click Next and follow the specified instructions

Do you have the exact steps for vista users. If I ever get this to work, do I just then download v1.5 and this will work?

Please help

Paul

spotter1964

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 08:12:37 AM »
Hi Airnav

When I try to save the firmware I still get cannot save to folder Airnav 2007 as I do not have the administrator rights. Has anyone else come across this problem

thanks paul

spotter1964

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
I have managed to get the firmware into the Airnav folder and am running it. At the moment I have a dialogue box that says opening radarbox, does anyone know how long does this remain there

thanks Paul