AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route Info  (Read 11828 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Route Info
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »
Hmmm..... interesting one that Rod.

I haven't got it to work either yet - SBI887 was showing as I tried. This is what I did:

- I manually added SBS887 UUDD EIDW to the routes section of the database

- I shut down RB and started it up again, however, no route.  When I checked the database again, SBI887 wasn't there - must be finger trouble I thought.

- I went through the same process again, and blow me, SBI887 wasn't there again after the shutdown and startup.

- So I added SBI887 using SQLite Database Browser with RB shut down.

- Ran RB and SBI887 was there in the database OK, but still not showing the route in the list, on the map, or in the data window to the tright of the photo.

- Added a fictional third destination to the route using RB Database Explorer (EGLL just to see what happened)

- Shut down RB and started it again, and my third destination wasn't showing in Database Explorer - most odd!

I also noticed that when I first looked at SBI887 (VP-BTO) the aircraft details weren't populated, but were populated by the time I shut down RB to restart it.  At the restart, the aircraft details were no longer populated, but did autopopulate after a few seconds.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of time lag between manually populating the route using Database Explorer, and the data becoming available to RB.  Is this why my manual edits disappeared when I restarted RB?

I think the thing to do to test this is to look out for SBI887 next time it gets airborne, and see if the route shows this time.  I've added loads of routes in the past using SQL Maestro, but I've never checked to see if they become available immediately.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 11:07:04 PM »
An interesting twist is that the details stayed in the database for me, (added through Database Explorer) even after a restart of RB, but still weren't displayed anywhere (except in the database itself).

I've been away from the computer for the last three hours, during which SBI888 has flown back from Dublin to Moscow, but MyLog is showing the flight along with the route, but SBI887, the incoming flight, showed no route - I wonder if that means that 888 would have been showing in MyFlights and the map.

I'll watch out for it in future.

I look forward to the fruits of your investigation, Allocator!

Rod
Rod

EINN-07

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2008, 02:49:32 PM »
Rod

The pink bit for the 'Via' airport signifies that there is no entry in that field. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the flights are not showing from my expriences. Are the flights being input by the crew as SBI or SB1 ??

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2008, 04:27:22 PM »
Well, the records above with blanks there aren't showing as pink, so I'm not convinced that t that's the whole story :-)

I did check carefully that the flights did have an I and not a 1 - and I think they did - it would be nice to be able to copy and paste log entries so that we could be sure.

AirNav - would it be possible in the future to be able to right click and get a choice of copying the field (or record) as well as Showing MyLog?

Rod
Rod

malcdee2001

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 08:53:16 PM »
I am getting this problem. Is it being looked into for 1.6