anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: filling comments column  (Read 2334 times)

AV61

filling comments column
« on: March 25, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »
Hi All
I am experiencing a slight problem. I am marking a "Y" in the comments column of aircraft I have seen but I am noticing that occasionally aircraft that I have already seen and entered the Y in the comment box the Y seems to have disappeared.
Is something happening that I am unare of that is causing this to happen
Thanks
Nick

chewycanes

Re: filling comments column
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:03:25 AM »
Hi Nick
I use the comments column to log viewed A/C as well.

Many moons ago i had a similar problem but never really understood why. I noticed that sometimes when i closed down AN 'journal' files remained which indicated that the database had not closed properly. Don't know if it was related or not.

I now logoff my AN in the morning and make a copy of Mylog & Navdata files ( providing no journal files are there) and then reboot AN. This means should i have a catastrophic failure i only lose one days records.

As to losing comments i have not noticed any further losses but i should say i only log military A/C so my list is fairly small.

Brian

Northern Watch

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:42:20 PM »
Hello Nick

I had a similar problem to you and found that once I had entered my comment I then came out of Mylog using the X in the top righthand corner.  I went straight back to what I had entered and the comment was gone.  You need to select another line on the Mylog page before you exit otherwise you delete the comment you have just made.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Keith

chewycanes

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:27:56 PM »
Hi Nick

The old greys cells have been nudged by Keith.

Now after entering data into the comments column i automatically click on another cell to ensure the data is saved before clicking the 'x' to close the page.

Hope you find this is the cause of your problem.

Brian

AV61

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:03:20 AM »
Many thanks for the info
I am now clicking another box prior to closing
thanks again
Nick