anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: wrong airplane position on map  (Read 2372 times)

Dana

wrong airplane position on map
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »
For some time I noticed that time to time the airplanes are” jumping”on the map and then came back in the initial position  after a few sec.  Anyone experienced anything like  that ?  I am using a GP1090 antenna outside 17 m height , 8 m of Ecoflex 10  , very good range 200 to 230 NM all directions, no obstacles around. I attached a map as example …I am curious to know if someone experienced something similar situation and which can be the reason of this ?

neroon79

Re: wrong airplane position on map
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:41 PM »
I can monitor similar effects, especially on the edge of reception range.

In each ADS-B is a section for error detection, but it's possible that this detection mechanism is true, although decoding errors have occurred while receiving the message. This happens, if the message(s) are scrambled in a way that the plausibility check is still true, so the message is marked "valid" and is processed. It's a known issue of plausibility checks and error detections, that aren't using very complex algorithms.
Weak signals on the edge of reception range and/or broken, damaged transponders increase the possibility of such decoding errors, resulting in "airframe jumps".

Further there might be a bug, a glitch or bad programming in the software, which is responsible for this kind of in-precise handling in cases of "edge receiving".
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

Dana

Re: wrong airplane position on map
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:14:44 PM »
Thank you very much for your response and for your time as well :) !
All the best, schönen tag!