anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 50 Free RadarBox Units to Expand Network Coverage  (Read 187171 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
50 Free RadarBox Units to Expand Network Coverage
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
AirNav Systems is happy to announce the decision to provide up to 50 free RadarBox units to expand network coverage in certain areas of the world. This is an unique opportunity for some users to start using the market leader in ADS-B receivers and for AirNav Systems to further expand its RadarBox network coverage.

Conditions:
- User has to be located in one of the areas listed below;
- Have good reception conditions (unobstructed view of the sky and preference for external aerial);
- Be able to keep the RadarBox software running H24 (thus feeding AirNav RadarBox network with local data);
- Signing of an Official Agreement with AirNav Systems with the compromise to keep the unit On and connected to the internet H24;

If you know of any interested user in one of the areas below please contact him mentioning this special AirNav Systems campaign.

Areas we are looking for to expand network coverage:

Europe:
- Spain: Northwestern Spain (Galiza), Canary Islands;
- Portugal: Madeira Island;
- France: Brest, Nantes;
- Denmark: Faroe Islands, Greenland;
- Iceland;
- Norway: Bergen;
- Russia: anywhere except Moscow;

Africa:
- Anywhere but depending on AirNav Systems final decision;

Asia:

Australia/New Zealand:

South America:
- Brazil: Anywhere except in RJ/SP/Porto Alegre/Brasilia (subject to AirNav Systems final decision);
- We are looking for data from any other South American country;

North America:
- Canada: Newfoundland and Labrador;
- USA: Hawaii;

Note that AirNav Systems reserves the final decision to provide a free RadarBox unit according to the above requirements.

jazzamac

Re: 50 Free RadarBox Units to Expand Network Coverage
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:55:30 AM »
Hi,
I'd like to put my hand up for a unit.

I'm located in Canberra Australia. Clear view to the sky and ability to install an antena.

Thanks,
jazzamac

ypadacars

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
Hi

I would like to receive a AirNav Radarbox. I live in Adelaide South Australia. I currently have an SBS-1 which i have been running 24/7 since 2007. I have an antenna mounted 5 meters above the roof-line of the house and currently get aircraft up to 240NM away.

I currently feed to Flightradar24 & Planefinder as well as PlanePlotter

David
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:10:58 AM by ypadacars »

mikenew

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
I am located  at N30.057636,E31.482954 which is well positioned close to Cairo airport.  Stand alone villa and clear view of planes on climbout.  Count me in! 

tophus

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »
Hi,

I am in Melbourne, Australia.

I have excellent sky coverage and can place an antenna on my roof which is quite high off the ground.

24 hour up time as well!

Please count me in!

Kind regards

jaskel

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:20:13 AM »
Hi, I am located in North Ryde (Sydney) Australia, I am on the 16L/16R Approach/Departures path for Sydney International and Domestic Airport.

I run a Designated ADS-B antenna on a mast with unobstructed view North past Newcastle and Williamtown Domestic Airport and clear view South Past Wollongong where the main flightpath into and out of Sydney Intl Airport on 34L/34R. I can also see unobstructed onto 07/25 Runways flight paths with clear signal far wast to Bathurst and far East about 120nm.

I have clear signal into Bankstown airport, Camden Airport and Richmond Military Airbase (soon to possibly become Sydney's 2nd Airport)

My PC is on 24/7, ADSL 2+ Internet connection, Static IP address, i7 processor, Win 7 64 bit, 8gb Ram, 2gb Vid Card.

I am also an avid airband communications guy, run digital scanners and airband radios with live feeds available on this also.

I am more than happy to put a Radarbox on my network 24/7 for all others to see, I have direct view of Australia's busiest Airport as well as several domestic airports and a great 24/7 access system!

Feel Free to contact me if you need more info.

yo8rgb

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
Hello,
I am interested to apply for Iasi, Romania, KN37TE.
Thank you,
adrian.

JSeet

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
I'd like to apply for Singapore (WSSS, WSSL)! I'm in a relatively open area at the south west of the island in a suburban area. I'm up for the idea of mounting an external antenna depending on how big it is =/

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »
Thanks guys,

We have had a amazing responce so far. Just a few points to notice.

1.) Please make sure your location is listed in the ones we are looking for above.
2.) If you contact support with your details please send through the correct product heading, sendihg your details with a Live Flight Tracker Heading or ShipTrax may not help :)
3.) We won't be able to give you an answer straight away, we will go through all the contacts and decide within a few weeks.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Ready

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
I live in Russia, in Krasnodar (this is 100 km from the Black Sea and 250 km from Sochi, which will host the Winter Olympic Games). Airport URKK - 20 km away from me. I live in the 12 storey building, the horizon is clear. On the roof of the house already has an antenna for receiving signals ADSB-, ordered LNA.
I have a leased line Internet access (speed 7 Mbit / s)/ Given my location ADSB broadcast signal to the network can be interesting for many enthusiasts. I would be very grateful if my candidacy would be in the list of contenders for the receiver.

WBR, Ready

eposone

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 02:06:08 PM »
If the sunny Maldives is of interest to Airnavsystems then bring it on 24hrs live from the tropics, cheers
Stephan

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
I'd be in for Auckland, New Zealand.  Whilst I have a box already, a good friend will be happy to connect to the network and he already has an external antenna.  It will certainly provide increased coverage for northern New Zealand as he has much different line of sight.
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

tmevo6

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46:05 PM »
Hi There, I live in Tai Po area, in Hong Kong. I can definitely make it 24/7. :D

SMattos

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
Your ad is wrong!
 www.cwbradar.com.br already exists in the two years:
 South America - Brazil - Paraná - Curitiba.
 If you guys are offering free equipment radarbox in our region, we will leave the internet immediately. We are spending U.S. $ 150.00 per month, without financial aid to promote his product. Even his Real Time have to pay annually. Radarbox unknown in Porto Alegre

AirTrafficControl

• UUBI-XUDI
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:05 PM »
Hello, I live in Russia, in the city of Ivanovo (my coordinates are  57° 0'23.37"С   40°57'1.39"В).
   I read your post about the possibility of expanding coverage radarboh and I think that you will accept my terms.
The city has two airfields, civil and military where (UUBI) based aircraft grade A50 (AVAX). It is also not far from my place of airways in the East.
   My UHF antenna is located at a height of 45 meters from the ground, the height above sea level 176 meters. It is possible to install an additional antenna mast for air. I have Internet access at speeds of 10 Mbit / s, it is possible to create a single personal computer with a 24/7 (hours).
It has long dreamed of having a device RadarBox to expand the radio.

Best regards
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:10:26 PM by AirTrafficControl »