anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3D Problem........  (Read 2568 times)

Bob SEN

3D Problem........
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
Hi guys

switched on  the box this morning & now have a problem that wasnt there last night.. the NETWORK aircraft are showing in the sidebar Network section BUT are NOT showing on the google map????  any ideas anyone?

just checked & all appears fine on the 2D map......? must be a 3D plugin problem somewhere

cheers

Bob
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:33:33 AM by Bob SEN »
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

cool_1

Re: 3D Problem........
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »
Hi Bob,

Same problem here.   I can see all my local flights in 3D, but not the Network Flights.
That would suggest its a server problem rather than a 3D plug-in problem.

I have an NVidia GTX260 Graphics card, and have had nothing but problems with 3D.  Airnav gave me lots of suggestions (reloading into different directory, run as Admin etc, new drivers etc, but its never been fixed.
I have even tried installing Windows 7 on a seperate boot disk, along with a complete reload, and I still get 3D models either non-existent, or disappearing over time ( I only see white stalks all over the place after using for a while).  I constantly have to keep shutting down Airnav application, and reload it.  The models are there for a while then disappear gradually. 

To be honest I have given up.  (and I can run FSX to the extreme , and all other applications with no issues).

The other issue I have with 3D is that I can rarely (sometimes impossible) select any aircraft with 3D interface, to get the 3D glideslopes.  Although I can select aircraft fine on 2D.  I reported to Airnav on a support ticket , and still no fix.

I would be interested which graphics cards Airnav users are using , and how successful and stable there graphic cards have been on 3D Airnav.  The reason I ask is that I see no other option than to invest in a new graphics card.

I have added my PC spec:
Windows Vista x64 Home Premium
Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 @3.00ghz
NVidia GTX260 (have tried all Nvidia drivers inc latest , to no avail)
8GB RAM
Airnav v4.03 , and the latest database released.
Subscriber to Airnav Live Network. (Yes Im a mug !) But I believe in Airnav...

(3 Miles from EGTE - Exeter Airport). 
PS Hurry up with MLAT so I can see all my 100's of Flybe flights...Thankyou.  ;-)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:29:46 PM by cool_1 »

Bob SEN

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:06:19 PM »
ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB used here on an AMD Quad core Desktop with 4GB Ram............. I get various issues with 3D, concerning the NETWORK side of things freezing on a regular basis,....... if I am looking around the network to see whats about & leave it for a while, it will freeze & the only way to unlock it is to disconnect from the network & re-connect,,,,,,,not good. :-(

further to the 1st post, if you click on any aircraft in the Network, you get the message at the bottom of the screen saying "not enough information to display this aircraft in 3D yet" ..............

cheers

Bob
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 12:37:46 PM by Bob SEN »
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
Hi,

We are investigating the issue regarding the network flights not being shown on the 3D map, we give more information as soon as we know it.

Regarding 3D, customers need to play with there settings to get the best performance to what they want to see on the map.

The 3D Preferences screen gives you lots of options to tune your 3D install for its best performance on your machine. You do however have to understand that if you choose 3D models for all aircraft (local, network) its going to put a lot of pressure on your PC. That kind of pressure will be caused from on average (50 or models changing position, angle every half a second and then 1,000+ models changing position every 20/30 seconds)

We do have machines here which run everything at maximum however they are dedicated machines and fast machine with fast graphics card to cope with the load.

Feel free to contact us or post on the forum if you are unsure about the settings.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
The network flights on the 3D map issue should now be fixed.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]