anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Working in 3D with Firefox  (Read 8189 times)

Peter

Working in 3D with Firefox
« on: September 11, 2012, 10:22:41 AM »
I've started a new topic as as far as I can tell, my OSM layer is working correctly. The problem is now a black screen in 3D mode. It worked originally in IE9, 3D has not been used for a few months, but now only shows a Black Screen in Firefox. Support are working on this rather unusual glitch, but we are wondering if the change to Firefox has upset it! The Firewall is enabled for ShipTrax, so I think that the problem is more complex.

Anyone else got 3D working in Windows 7, 64 bit and using Firefox as their default browser? This will either confirm, or eliminate the trend of suspicion at present.

Thanks

Peter

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
Re: Working in 3D with Firefox
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:34 AM »
Hi Peter,

I have 3D installed in Windows 7 64 bit using Firefox 15.01, and it works well.  When I say "well" I mean as well as it could without a graphics card.

I did not install ANRB into the default Program Files directory.  I installed it into the root directory.

Greetings
John
ZS1AGH
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 12:26:24 PM »
You could try this:
1. Switch to 3D mode in ANSH
2. Open this address in Firefox - http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANRB_3D/google_earth_shiptrax_v1.php

Peter

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
Thanks to all who helped, I've finally solved the problem by more luck than science! As GE relies on Internet Explorer, I figured that maybe this could be a cause. To back this theory up there were some websites that wouldn't allow me to enter a log-on name etc (i.e. I couldn't type my details in the boxes). Could this be ActiveX, I tried all sorts of ways to re-install ActiveX, but failed. I grasped the nettle this morning and uninstalled IE9 completely and re-installed it from scratch. It worked! So can only conclude that something had been corrupted in a recent update, but repaired by the new install.

Thanks again

Peter

In case it helps anyone else, I'm still running on Firefox as my default browser, but it seems that it is also essential to have a fully working version of IE as well. You are in a virtual loop if some part of IE has a problem because you cannot download another new copy to "repair" the suspect existing installation! As soon as I uninstalled the suspect version, the MS website allowed me to install the new download, and everything noted as previously "odd" started working correctly again! I'm not a software expert, so cannot explain why it should have stopped me selecting 3D within the ShipTrax programme, but happily let me view in 3D by using the GE link as a loader! Everything is fine now, thanks again to those who tried to assist.

Peter
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:52:02 PM by Peter »

Lou

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 06:14:20 PM »
Hi Peter, I`ve also been having trouble with IE9 although not with RadarBox so I decided to follow your lead and uninstal/instal, it worked a treat thanks