anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unable to run ShipTrax  (Read 17249 times)

Lou

Unable to run ShipTrax
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
Is there a problem with the server as I cannot ShipTrax to run ?

Lou

Re: Unable to run ShipTrax
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:06:28 PM »
Sorry should be. Get ShipTrax to run.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 09:18:58 PM »
Server is fine, what is the error you are getting Sir?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Lou

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:28:36 AM »
The problem is the same as it has been since I purchased ShipTrax, it will not run without a live internet connection, this has also been a problem for me when you have had server trouble, like last Christmas when I was unable to use the software for over four days in total. I have asked you for help on many occasions and you have issued me several support ticket numbers many of which you have failed to respond to, on one occasion you suggested that it was a problem with my internet connection but I don`t believe this is correct as the software works faultlessly when the connection is active, downloading pictures and maps without any trouble, I have also spoken to the service technician ( Chris ) at Waters & Stanton and he has told me that he thinks it is a hardware fault, again I don`t follow this line of thought as the box works fine with Shiplotter and SeaClear II. My belief is that this is a registration problem at your end as when I first installed the software it said that I could not use my email address as it was in use by someone else ( my RadarBox is registered on this email address ). As I Have explained before I do not have a permanently on internet connection so this has been a long and disappointing association with your product.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 10:32:56 PM »
Hi Lou,

We do have other customers who do not have connection to the Internet at all times however they are able to reconnect at times which validates there box. Lets just clear up a few items

- We did try and troubleshoot with you the reasons behind this and couldn't see anything other than no connection attempt.
- This is not controlled by the hardware so there is nothing wrong with the box
- There is no registration with ShipTrax as you use the codes that are on the CD, we don't ask for an email.

What we can do however is if you contact us and send us the codes you are using we can provide you a temp code with a new registration and see whether that works any better.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Lou

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »
Thanks for your reply, by codes do you mean the username and password on the setup disc ?
I have video`d the screen as I attempt to run ShipTrax and hope to have time to take this to Waters & Stanton at the weekend so they can see first hand the problem I have, by the way I am not the only one with this problem.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
Lou. I presume it will be the same as Radarbox where you use the username and password on the disk

Alan

Lou

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
Thanks Alan, i`m at work at the moment and will email my details across when I get home. Whatever was done to the server over the weekend  has left me unable to run ShipTrax at all so it would be nice if something could be done to sort this out.