AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hex Code 001001???  (Read 4080 times)

markb

Hex Code 001001???
« on: March 23, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
Hello all,

When I have my RB operating at my home (near Disneyland/about 20 Miles south of KLAX), I receive hexcode 001001 and it's ususally on the screen 24/7.  When I have the RB at work, about 30 miles to the east, I don't receive that hexcode, but my work is surrounded by hills and the reception is fairly poor.  It shows an altitide of 84,100 feet and shows a squawk code that I can't recall at the moment.

This may be a really dumb question, but is this some kind of a glitch or am I recieving something legitimate?

Thanks,
Mark

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Hex Code 001001???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:49:25 AM »
Hello all,

When I have my RB operating at my home (near Disneyland/about 20 Miles south of KLAX), I receive hexcode 001001 and it's ususally on the screen 24/7.  When I have the RB at work, about 30 miles to the east, I don't receive that hexcode, but my work is surrounded by hills and the reception is fairly poor.  It shows an altitide of 84,100 feet and shows a squawk code that I can't recall at the moment.

This may be a really dumb question, but is this some kind of a glitch or am I recieving something legitimate?

Thanks,
Mark

I'm guessing, but it could be a test code of some sort.  I've seen Mode 3 test/check return on a radar screen, it was positioned to be just off the edge of the display and acted as a "confidence" check for the engineers.  However, I did think that this was internally generated and would not be seen by anybody else.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 08:56:30 AM »
I pick up a lot in 100000 - 120000 series hexes as not allocated here in UK and they have been suggested as anything from UFO's to ground vehicles. The realy weird ones appear in one spot with a minus -9999 altitude.  I delete them from my system but as fast as I do that they return.... Perhaps they are trying to take over? 

markb

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 05:47:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.  I'll attribute it to a UFO or maybe a spy satellite :)