anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ShipTrax - One More Update  (Read 26974 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: ShipTrax - One More Update
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 11:59:51 PM »
The answer is simple:
1- Software finished in 4 days;
2- Boxes, sleeves, logistics finished;
3- Hardware still doing final tests;

We are getting closer and closer to the day everyone has been waiting for.
ShipTrax will bring to the shipping community all the good things RadarBox did: the applications share the same programming source code. It's an amazing product.

leeus

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 05:57:28 AM »
Perfect, thanks.

I'm not so fussed about the software but look forward to trying the hardware out. Shame it's not imminent as I'll have to source my normal receivers for this batch.

Lee

jannuh

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »
ShipTrax will bring to the shipping community all the good things RadarBox did: the applications share the same programming source code. It's an amazing product.
Oooooops, hope this doesn't imply same problems??

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 05:08:52 PM »
Oooooops, hope this doesn't imply same problems??

If you've got any specific problems that you think need testing in ShipTrax, let me know and I'll test.

jannuh

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 02:18:42 AM »
Hi Chris, I rely on you

Some general questions/assumptions...
1. It is possible to use Shipplotter and ShipTrax to sent data vice versa? SP-> ST or ST-> SP
2. ST software can be used with existing hardware?? (without any other software as intermediaire)
That would be completely different from R.B.

As you mentioned you got a software update (beta).. are messages contents now visible within the ST software?? I mentioned this when i did sent inland ais data to you for testing

I like the ST software interface, but got already nice (and good) hardware, the SR162 receiver

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
1. It is possible to use Shipplotter and ShipTrax to sent data vice versa? SP-> ST or ST-> SP

Yes to both.  ShipTrax can read the Serial NMEA output or TCP output from Shipplotter.  Similarly, ShipTrax echos everything out on port 40004 in NMEA format so Shipplotter can read that.  In addition, with the use of my SP2TRAX utility, ShipTrax can see all the Shipplotter NETWORK traffic via. a TCP/IP port.

2. ST software can be used with existing hardware?? (without any other software as intermediaire)
That would be completely different from R.B.

Yes.  The ShipTrax hardware generates the standard NMEA format messages, and the ShipTrax software can read input from any other receiver.  Or a feed from an AIS server, etc.  I'm currently running the ShipTrax software with a Comar AIS-2-USB receiver.

In this screenshot, you can see that I'm using ShipTrax to read the input from my Comar receiver on the serial port (USB), and also read a TCP/IP input to show ships beyond my range from the Shipplotter network.

As you mentioned you got a software update (beta).. are messages contents now visible within the ST software?? I mentioned this when i did sent inland ais data to you for testing

No, ShipTrax doesn’t have a window for looking at the decoded message content.

EDIT: Link to screenshot corrected.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:00:43 AM by tarbat »

Mixism

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
I just tried to order the Hardware and Software and I get a broken web page. Any update?

https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1724504

Later

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
The software is finished and will be approved by the beta testers today. After that, production.
The hardware has been approved and the first 300 units are in production now: should be ready in 3 weeks.
So release in mid January.