AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: lock up  (Read 17968 times)

pcochrane12

lock up
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:35:50 AM »
hi all
just had a lock up when internet dropped out had share to network activated and am running acars decoder and airnav suite4 fed from pcr1000 other than share to network this is the normal op mode only seem to have this prob when sharing to network have installed v1.5 and still get this prob.
cheers paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: lock up
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:57:52 AM »
Were you recording at the same time?

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:50:21 AM »
I thought recording was now the only cause of lock-ups but have just had one without recorder running. I got the grey line across the screen and the map then went all grey. I had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to exit and when I rebooted I still got the grey screen which appeared to have been saved by RB as the new default screen. Note I had not asked for the grey screen to be saved, it just happened. I had to completely shut down my PC and on reboot got the world map, I tried using default but as stated that was now a grey screen. Have replaced the damaged default with my requirements again.

It would appear that occasional crashes are still occurring :-(

Just one thought - at the time my coverage had ben greatly reduced by a heavy snow  storm, and traffic pick up fell to a very low level.

Regards

Mike

pcochrane12

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 02:16:10 PM »
hi allocator
no the recording function was not in use the only difference to normal operation was sare to network as this has been a problem since i started with the rb have always put it down to the highly instable broadband connection we have here out in the sticks
cheers paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 04:07:59 PM »
pcochrane12,

Send us your elf file to support. As this issue was rectified and we have done tests here of disconnecting the Internet midway through.

Roadrunner,

Don't think you can say the occasional crashes are still occurring if its worked in total for a few days of usage (I understand you ran it at certain times).

If its a regular then send us the elf file otherwise it could be anything from Vista playing a fit to the snow :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:47:26 PM »
pcochrane12,

Roadrunner,

Don't think you can say the occasional crashes are still occurring if its worked in total for a few days of usage (I understand you ran it at certain times).

If its a regular then send us the elf file otherwise it could be anything from Vista playing a fit to the snow :)

What I meant by that is I have had this crash, the other guy has had a crash so the occassional crashes are occurring :-). I am not implying anything by that and am quite happy with the situation at present. Just perhaps there may be another reason for a few crashes. You could be right and it is Vista or the snow but I did not get grey lines before yesterday(after using the recorder). Could something from running the recorder have changed something in the program that is still having an occasional effect?

Regards

Mike

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:52:58 PM »
No if recorder is not running there should be no affect.

Occasional crashes are part of life with Windows, in fact even MAC users can't say they are immune anymore ;)
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
I have had a windows XP PC for years and I have never had as many crashes as I have had in the last week :-). OK my Vista PC is only 2 weeks old and that has been having all the poblems but they only appear to happen when running RB.

Anyway we will persevere and I am sure it will sort itself out. Had 777 records on Network a little while ago !

Regards

Mike

pcochrane12

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
can you explain elf file to me not particularly literate on computors

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 05:18:48 PM »
There will be a file called ANRB.elf sitting in your RadarBox 2008 folder which should be in C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\RadarBox 2008\

Send us that file. It seems as though you have quite a few other applications running as well, decoder, suite etc.. What is your computers specfication?
[email protected]

pcochrane12

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »
found the file it says anrb.elf old file it was last updated on the 6th of this month  so does this mean toidays lock up and white screen was not recorded?
running on a sony vaio laptop with pentium 1.60ghz cpu and 80gb hdd with 512 ram have had two drop out of my internet connection since first report today without locking up

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »
If it was updated on the 6th then no need to send us it. What else do you having running in the background?
[email protected]

pcochrane12

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 07:14:24 PM »
only things running are airnav suite4 airnav acars decoder and air nav flight traker6 have disabled norton because of other issue yahoo messanger turned off prior to running airnav package checked to see if this was trying to access whilst on line but it is not still suspect that its not air nav prob but volitile nature of my connection being at the end of the line. as mentioned its not to much of a prob while im at the computor as i can see the network failure as the occur and react
cheers for the help paul

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 08:05:19 PM »
I don't think lockups are caused by recording.  I've now had two white-screen lockups over the last 3 days, and I have recording turned OFF.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »
Anything else happened at those times? Recorder does have a bug so it does cause an issue on some computers.
[email protected]