AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NavData.db3 Editing Tool  (Read 41146 times)

Bell 407

Re: NavData.db3 Editing Tool
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:18 AM »
As has been mentioned by Freqhopping, the SQLite Database Browser is a very useful tool to check before and after you use the NavData.db3 Editing Tool and might calm the nerves of some users who may feel a bit trepidatious when using the NavData.db3 Editing Tool for the first time.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2012, 08:58:40 PM »
hy, still trying to make the program work without errors
had to do a complete reinstal of my PC, this time i installed the program with the installer, i have Java installed, checked if the extra lines are there with the Sqlightbrowser and Excel was in no way running.
attached is the error log i get

csparksfly

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2012, 05:33:37 AM »
Hi,

thanks for taking time to post the error. Could you please attach a screenshot of the top of your ACTYPE xlsx file. The program is trying to import your exported data, and I suspect the ACTYPE(which is the first one to be imported) file is corrupt.

The header should preferably not be tampered with, and should start in the A1 cell.

C.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:08 PM »
this is how it looks like

csparksfly

« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Thanks it seems fine. I'll send you a PM, and once resolved post the resolve here.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 06:40:51 AM »
Can't get the software to properly read my navdata.db3 file.  It is possible I didn't install the JAVA part properly....the instructions are a bit confusing, or it isn't doing what it is suppose to do.  I used to be good at messing around DOS and Windows...but I'm not sure what to do and what to look for when installing this software.  Why doesn't the installer take care of the WHOLE installation?   Please help.

csparksfly

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 07:41:19 AM »
Hi,

"Can't get the software to properly read my navdata.db3 file.  It is possible I didn't install the JAVA part properly....the instructions are a bit confusing, or it isn't doing what it is suppose to do. "
 I used to be good at messing around DOS and Windows...but I'm not sure what to do and what to look for when installing this software.  Why doesn't the installer take care of the WHOLE installation?   Please help."

Java is a separate program, and we are not affiliated with Oracle, which does not allow us to distribute Java :->

I suspect you hava a different version that what we cater for...what do you have?
Could you share your db3 file with using perhaps dropbox ? and send me a PM  with the link to it?

Craig.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 08:01:49 PM »
Thanks Graig, it was indeed a problem with the anlv_photo_asdi.xlsx file
it was empty ( go figure why ) and after typhing these into the file and save it, where A1,B1,C1 is the cell number :
A1: CO
B1: AT
C1: AR

compiling a new DB and BINGO !!! no more error message

Bell 407

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2012, 05:57:26 AM »
Glad you came right with Craig's help. Seems that the older DB versions of RadarBox have this common problem.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, 04:29:13 AM »
Hi,

"Can't get the software to properly read my navdata.db3 file.  It is possible I didn't install the JAVA part properly....the instructions are a bit confusing, or it isn't doing what it is suppose to do. "
 I used to be good at messing around DOS and Windows...but I'm not sure what to do and what to look for when installing this software.  Why doesn't the installer take care of the WHOLE installation?   Please help."

Java is a separate program, and we are not affiliated with Oracle, which does not allow us to distribute Java :->

I suspect you hava a different version that what we cater for...what do you have?
Could you share your db3 file with using perhaps dropbox ? and send me a PM  with the link to it?

Craig.

Sent you the link to my db3 file...any luck with it?

csparksfly

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, 07:26:22 AM »
it seems you also have the older version as discussed earlier:

I have updated your db for you and sent you the new link to download - enjoy.

Craig.

Bell 407

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2012, 02:21:22 PM »
Since no news is good news, it's been a while since anyone referded to this topic so thought I would post the question just to check if there are any issues users are having with the NavData.db3 Editing Tool?

I just did a bulk update of local airline 1Time to my Routes table yesterday. Sourced the information from the interweb, edited it quite quickly then cut and pasted into the Route table and voila, update done :-).

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »
Hi
I know what you mean regarding updating routes tables.
I have been doing a similar exercise with various European Airports.
Only problem is that the sources just show the flight numbers whilst sometimes the actual flight uses an alpha-numeric code.

However a editing tool.

Bryan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:50 AM »
I'm having problems running this program.  Extract works okay, but when compiling, it gets to about the 4th or 5th table and throws up some errors:

Code: [Select]
null
java.util.Arrays$ArrayList.<init>(Unknown Source)
java.util.Arrays.asList(Unknown Source)
com.csparksfly.anrbdb3tool.DBTable.ensureRequiredHeadersExist(DBTable.java:99)
com.csparksfly.anrbdb3tool.ANRBdb3Tool.importDB(ANRBdb3Tool.java:339)
com.csparksfly.anrbdb3tool.gui.CreateDBFromDirectoryAction.doThisTask(CreateDBFromDirectoryAction.java:39)
com.csparksfly.anrbdb3tool.gui.ANRBdb3ToolAbstractAction$2.doInBackground(ANRBdb3ToolAbstractAction.java:122)
com.csparksfly.anrbdb3tool.gui.ANRBdb3ToolAbstractAction$2.doInBackground(ANRBdb3ToolAbstractAction.java:118)
javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'm using all tables from my existing database except the aircraft table which is taken from Airnav's latest database release.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Bell 407

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2012, 11:53:58 AM »
Hi Tarbat, have sent your request to the IT Guru. Hopefully he will have an answer for you soonest.