anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 3D Model Liveries  (Read 2935 times)

twolimatango

3D Model Liveries
« on: November 26, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Well, i seem to have the hang of creating new Plane Models for anything that takes my fancy but..............have been unable to crack the livery problem.   So.....how do I create liveries and put them into a file structure that ANRB will understand.  Start with an easy one - how do i make a livery file for the Wizzair A320's which are currently just white models in my 3D view.  Or... how do I make liveries for the B777 shown in my screenshot ??   (Got the 3d Model running in google sketchup)  Just a few pointers needed if you have any ideas - Thanks

twolimatango

Re: 3D Model Liveries
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 08:12:40 PM »
should mention i have created .dae files with .PNG file textures but ANRB just seems to pick up on the basic model file.   head scratching a plenty.

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:14:26 PM »

ACW367

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 02:23:44 PM »
From what I understand to link the model to the livery, you need to create a subfolder in the Airnav GE_Models folder that matches the four letter ICAO type designator code in database explorer, if one doesn't already exist.  Inside that sub folder you then add the livery file named for the three letter ICAO Airline code. 

So for example if you wished to make Cargolux and British Airways World Cargo Boeing 747-8F model and livery.  You would create the new model and create a new folder in Airnav Radarbox/GE_Models called B748 -  In that subfolder you would place your B748.mod model file.  Then you would create additional sub-folders in the Airnav Radarbox/GE_Models/B748 folder called CLX, BAW (whatever the callsign they regularly use, so for example the Global Supply Systems B748 routinely use BAW flight numbers as a callsign) and in these airline folders you would put the texture.liv files for each respective airline.