anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mlat  (Read 34714 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Mlat
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
Option 2

Against COAA policy as defined in the EULA
No Mlat or shared  plots to be broadcast/re networked outside of the PlanePlotter network.

Why would it be against the EULA?  The MLAT and shared plots would remain on my PC, in my instance of Radarbox, and NOT sent out onto the Airnav network. After all, we can already take MLAT plots from Planeplotter and display them in Radarbox 3D.

satcom

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »
Radar box can't supply the correct data for 3rd party  mlat [ there's only one 3rd party mlat ] but as I have said , RB users can always subscribe to the existing mlat provider until AirNavs own system is ready.

Chris said...

"The MLAT and shared plots would remain on my PC, in my instance of Radarbox, and NOT sent out onto the Airnav network. After all, we can already take MLAT plots from Planeplotter and display them in Radarbox 3D."

Same difference  then....you would still have to subscribe to Mlat to see the plots which you would then pipe through to your "own" RB screen.... in which case , I agree ,  it would not be in breach of EULA

chewycanes

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 12:02:33 AM »
Hi
I don't know all the intracacies involved about Mlat.

I currently subscribe to PP but as a Radarbox user i cannot provide data to aid better accuracy in my area. When i first logged on and had the settings to supply data it caused problems.

I am in East Sussex and do get my fair share of corrupted  ModeS signals due to the amount of aircraft and the distance i can receive into France and up the east coast to Norfolk.

My concern is that as a result of this corrupted data again will not be able to contribute to the accuracy in my area.

Hopefully AN will have developed some super algorithm to exclude these errors ?

Brian

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »
I would have thought that in the UK at least (a bit selfish I know!) there are sufficient RB users to satisfy the requirements of an Airnav specific MLAT system.
Certainly I would prefer an all Airnav system if it were feasible as I prefer the simplicity and presentation of the Airnav product - despite all my moaning about the various shortcomings  :)

It would be nice if things could be speeded up a bit though.
I'd go with bratters I feel MLAT takes the hobby to the next level and I want to do it with Radarbox
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

satcom

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
  " I'd go with bratters I feel MLAT takes the hobby to the next level and I want to do it with Radarbox "

Well , I'll take that statement  as praise indeed for the only system that can provide Mlat .
Its now four years since    ++Mlat     was launched.....and no one else is even close to launching their own system...doesnt that tell you something about the amount of work and dedication needed to set something like this up ?
Mlat of course is not the end of the story....there are more  developments on the way

Hoff12

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 06:53:41 AM »
Airnav team, any more update on Mlat since 7 Jan 2012 when you posted "MLAT feature will be released by us, do not worry" on this thread? Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 07:20:23 PM »
Work is still progressing, more details will be announced nearer the release.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2015, 02:13:47 PM »
So we are over two years down the line and still nothing?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

oliver14

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »
Is there "anything" new in the pipeline ?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 09:26:00 PM »
Hi Oliver, that's a NO and as I understand it the ANRB never will be MLAT capable......?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

neroon79

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:38 AM »
As far as I know it is a yes for the existing hardware. Current "timestamp generator" for received data packets not accurate enough? But considering the current problems with thrid party hardware connected to PCs running V5.00.072: Maybe Airnav is about to launch a new MLAT capable hardware.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

oliver14

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2015, 09:55:16 AM »
I do hope so, I really love the Radarbox, which, like a lot of people, I have had for many many years, but it does seem to be standing still now, with not even a whisper of any new features or developments, and not just mlat. 
This is most unusual these days in a world where technology is moving on at an almost unbelievable pace.

Do we know if anybody is working on anything ?   or is this it ?

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:07 PM »
Hi Ingo, I was referring to the current RB that we've all bought and used for years, which is the question I thought Oliver was asking, not having to buy some new piece of hardware as in " Maybe Airnav is about to launch a new MLAT capable hardware."  and not speculating on what AN may eventually put on the market.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

neroon79

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2015, 01:04:30 PM »
Hi Jon I was refering to this part
and as I understand it the ANRB never will be MLAT capable......?
of your reply. The current HW is not capable of MLAT. As far as I know due to the accuracy of the reception timestamp. If you want to do MLAT you need a very very accurate reception time of an received data packet. Because a few 100 milisecs variation in reception time will result in many miles of position variation.

As I understand Oliver asked for anything in the pipeline. And for me that would include new hardware.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 05:22:42 PM »
Hi Ingo, I was just referring to the current RB (which IMO will never be), not a Mk ll or later!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:24:14 PM by CoastGuardJon »