AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mlat  (Read 34713 times)

lambertw

Mlat
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »
Just had a C130 pass over my location on pp Mlat, approx 1mile out of sink with map on screen,not bad eh.

lambertw

Re: Mlat
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:28:59 AM »
We've just got to get Mlat on rb it's brill,I'm now seeing aircraft pass over me that I wasn't aware of and they all  tie up with visual conformation.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »
We've just got to get Mlat on rb it's brill

You can already show multilateration results in Radarbox 3D - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578

Hoff12

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:52:48 AM »
Any chance ANRB will be able to do Mlat this year? We've been waiting years.

lambertw

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:21 PM »
I went PP for MLAT after waiting to see which way ANRB was heading I now run both together,and got the best of both worlds.

Hoff12

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
however anrb has better coverage which means it would be able to mlat in europe which pp cannot

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
And as Tarbat quoted.
Only in 3D with ANRB.
Steve.
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »

Most recent update from Airnav was:

However MLAT is a feature we are working on for the future. It is not something that was a stated feature when anyone bought RadarBox.   We feel we have said enough on this topic now,

Like most developers, Airnav are unlikely to commit to a release date (even a year) until nearer launch.  In the meantime, why not use Planeplotter for MLAT - it's only €12 (plus VAT) per year.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:57:19 AM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 09:57:35 AM »

Most recent update from Airnav was:

However MLAT is a feature we are working on for the future. It is not something that was a stated feature when anyone bought RadarBox.   We feel we have said enough on this topic now,

Like most developers, Airnav are unlikely to commit to a release date (even a year) until nearer launch.   In the meantime, why not use Planeplotter for MLAT - it's only €12 (plus VAT) per year.

Taking that statement at face value, there will be no Mlat - nor presumably anything else  of any consequence - before 2014.

Many of us who have had their boxes since 2008 will be thinking of replacements long before then methinks.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Taking that statement at face value, there will be no Mlat - nor presumably anything else  of any consequence - before 2014.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?  Just because nothing is announced yet doesn't mean nothing will be delivered.

jannuh

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
however anrb has better coverage which means it would be able to mlat in europe which pp cannot
Huh...? You believe everything A.N. says, don't You?

Just look at the facts, You'll see that P.P. has many,  many, many more users then ANRB!!

Oh, you look at the figures how many ANRB's sold? Don't they say nothing;
I think many ANRB boxes lying somewhere, waiting for better times, if they'll ever come.....

Forget the 4 days now, or in 3 weeks etc.; 4 days become 400 days, 3 weeks become 3 years etc.

MLAT? ANRB can not, PP can say: Yes, we can!!! (and they'll do!!)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »

Even satcom, a PP advocate, admits that:

What an interesting comment about Mlat in Europe

The only reason it "doesnt work " is that PP users in Europe either cant be bothered , or are too frightened to contribute due to local legislation....

bratters

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?  Just because nothing is announced yet doesn't mean nothing will be delivered.

Let's consider what you wrote - "Like most developers, Airnav are unlikely to commit to a release date (even a year) until nearer launch.  In the meantime, why not use Planeplotter for MLAT - it's only €12 (plus VAT) per year."

If that doesn't mean at least year's wait, what on earth does it mean? The translation you suggest seems to be "we're not going to mention release dates in future, so nobody will be disappointed and may just be surprised".  With Shiptrax 3 years late and umpteen unfulfilled promises of impending RB upgrades that might be a wise change of policy in some respects. However what encouragement does this give to us RB lovers who were/are hoping for something much more reassuring?

On top of that when a senior beta tester comes up with "why not go out and buy another product in the meantime (whatever "in the meantime" may signify in a patently timeless context) one must be forgiven for being sceptical.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
MLAT feature will be released by us, do not worry, the details are deliberately kept quiet and not passed on to anyone outside AirNav (including beta testers) as this is sensitive information and has a competitive disadvantage if released too early.

We understand and thank you for your patience regarding ShipTrax, unfortunately many projects in the world with massive budgets (A380, 787 all the way down to mobile phones) experience delays from software, manufacturing that are very difficult to perceive before hand. For this reason we are not giving any specific timelines for any projects untill near release.

There are many projects lined up (including MLAT) and rest assured they will be ready and you will be pleased when they arrive :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »
If that doesn't mean at least year's wait, what on earth does it mean?

bratters, you seem to be twisting my words around to satisfy your own interpretation.  I simply suggested that Airnav are unlikely to commit to a release date until nearer launch.

Nowhere do I suggest that means a year's wait for MLAT.  I'm hoping they've learnt from ShipTrax in that it's unwise to announce a product until you're confident of a launch date.

On top of that when a senior beta tester comes up with "why not go out and buy another product in the meantime (whatever "in the meantime" may signify in a patently timeless context) one must be forgiven for being sceptical.

I was simply suggesting an alternative for those that are impatient for an imminent delivery of MLAT.  €12 (plus VAT) will buy you MLAT (PP) for a year.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:42:24 PM by tarbat »