anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ACARS decoder  (Read 11187 times)

pcochrane12

Re: ACARS decoder
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »
brill enjoy using it

Deadcalm

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:04 AM »
I'm thinking about downloading the ACARS decoder, but I don't think I'd get away with another (larger) external antenna for my ageing Signal R-535 receiver.  Do I correctly understand there to be ACARS data websites I can tap into for currently updating information?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »
I'm thinking about downloading the ACARS decoder, but I don't think I'd get away with another (larger) external antenna for my ageing Signal R-535 receiver.  Do I correctly understand there to be ACARS data websites I can tap into for currently updating information?

DC

There are a number of internet ACARS servers which can be used by ACARS Decoder 2 without having to use your own radio receiver.  See the list of the left in the screenshot.  In this case, I'm using the Sheffield UK internet server.  Not all of those in the list are working all the time, and the list does change a bit day by day.  If you use the internet ACARS servers, you are always going to be picking something close to you, but it might not be exactly in your location.  With a radio receiver linked to Decoder, then you are obviously going to get the traffic in your area.

You have the option of using a radio and/or the Internet with Decoder.

Click the link below for the full size screenshot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2195/2356764971_2edd908969_o.jpg

Deadcalm

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 09:35:09 AM »
Thanks, Allocator, worth thinking about.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...