anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Software Update  (Read 41696 times)

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox Software Update
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
Well Bratters at my time in life I reserve worrying for things which really matter

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
Hi
Over the year that we have been waiting for a new issue i have lost track of what we may expect to be resolved.

Can AN at least give us a list of the bugs that they are going resolve in the next issue so that we are happy none are missed.

I am not asking for new innovations or requests for certain niceties but just known bugs.

Thanks
Brian

carras320

• My Airliners.net Pictures
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 11:49:25 AM »
Any news if MLAT will be implemented in this update??

Cheers!

DaveG

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
The sad thing is...

By the time they get around to doing the "bug" fixes, the hardware is now well dated and all other virtual boxes are providing more (and mostly for less £).  So even with fixes done, possibly still be lacking.

As for Mlat, think it was said sometime back, the current hardware will not support mlat and that would be a new feature not a bug fix.
Cornwall, UK

Tramline

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
01 Dec - Surely its time for the latest news regarding development timescales for ANRB.  Come on Air Nav please tell us the latest information and how much further Shiptrax has slipped again just when we all thought it was so close........   I wasn't taken in over a month ago either BTW.....
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Tramline

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
Hello?  Anyone in?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 11:04:01 PM »
Work is progressing for ANRB as well at the moment, AirNav Dev will provide details on ShipTrax soon.

We won't give any timescales for ANRB yet as we do not want to work to pressure from deadlines rather work to a product which we think matches our customers needs and demands.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 08:17:27 AM »
We won't give any timescales for ANRB yet as we do not want to work to pressure from deadlines rather work to a product which we think matches our customers needs and demands.

So let's put this to the user community and once and for all identify what these needs and demands are, to avoid you guys wasting valuable time on issues that we're non plussed about?

Regards

Rich

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:17 AM »
So let's put this to the user community and once and for all identify what these needs and demands are, to avoid you guys wasting valuable time on issues that we're non plussed about?

Good idea.  Here's the current list of what I have as a bugs list.  Anything to add?

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 09:11:04 AM »
Good start Tarbat!

Could I suggest, that priority is given to helping the Updaters, after all they've put so much effort into improving the users enjoyment?

I'm sure there's dialogue from them with the "powers that be", but let's sort their plight out first to give them a better platform,or whatever else they may need.

Personally,for what it's worth, I'd rather see work directed to fixing known problems before expanding on the capabilities with things such as MLAT etc

Rich

chewycanes

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Hi
Thanks Tarbat for the list.

This is basically what i was asking AN for so that every one can make sure all bugs are addressed.
I hope everyone takes time to check the list an post if they think any are missing.

Thanks
Brian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 10:32:18 AM »
This is basically what i was asking AN for so that every one can make sure all bugs are addressed.
I hope everyone takes time to check the list an post if they think any are missing.

And you can be assured that my final list is what Airnav will be using.  Just keen to ensure that all the significant bugs are included in the list, so feedback welcome.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 10:51:03 AM »
Hello

The serious issue of ADS-B Aircraft taking a long time to appear in the 2D map after they are first received when you are activated for 3D (The 3 buttons are visible on the top right of the screen) is not included in the list.

Andrew

ACW367

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 11:15:59 AM »
I agree with all above, the first priority should be for airnav to create a 4.03 patch to cure the bugs.  In my opinion this patch is already 18 months overdue.  This will tide us over whilst prolonged development and alpha/beta testing of whatever version comes next goes on. 

Will look at my detailed list of bugs at home over the weekend, you have the black hole bug in twice.  Here are some more that I can think of while at my workdesk. 

- The Diacritical mark bug:
The fonts used next to the photo does not support diacritical marks. All diacritical marks in the Navdata corrupt when shown next to the photo.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5633.msg64557#msg64557

- The 'Via' routes bug:
Where the 'via' destination is shown as the final destination of a route, and the real final destination is not displayed
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6527.0

- The same flightnumber/different day bug:
If you pick an aircraft up on seperate days using the same flightnumber as it had on the last day you recieved it, then the starttime/endtime for that flight in mylog show as being the full 24/48/72hour period and the flight does not go into reporter. 

- The ICAO code not coming from server with other updater information bug:
If aircraft are downloaded from server, the updater team entered ICAO code is corrupted by the server.

- Local alerts not working if aircraft previously on network Bug:

Good start Tarbat!

Could I suggest, that priority is given to helping the Updaters, after all they've put so much effort into improving the users enjoyment?

I'm sure there's dialogue from them with the "powers that be", but let's sort their plight out first to give them a better platform,or whatever else they may need.

Rich

Rich
Us updaters have the tools we need, what is falling down is the information we are creating is corrupted in the way it is presented to users either as it passes through the server, or is interpreted from the updater created information held in Navdata.

The various bugs listed above and on tarbats sheet highlight that ICAO codes, diacritical marks and photo links which we have control of are corrupted at various stages and are not presented to users in the manner which we have created it. 

Regards
ACW367

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
Thanks Andrew and ACW367.  All added to the list.