AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Software Update  (Read 41695 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox Software Update
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:42:47 PM »
Fortunately ShipTrax is almost finished and as promised many times by our team we will soon be ready to start improving the RadarBox client application again.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: RadarBox Software Update
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
Hurrah!!!

Although the words "almost" and "soon" still leave it rather open-ended??

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:09:18 AM »
Rich,

If it helps from the Shiptrax forum threads, please note the following posted today

1- Software finished in 4 days;
2- Boxes, sleeves, logistics finished;
3- Hardware still doing final tests;

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 03:35:25 PM »
You know me Alan...................

Unfortunately , I'm now starting to use the current stature of my football team as a benchmark for everything else ;-)

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »
Com'mon United

Alan

bratters

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
Another month has drifted past. Any news Airnav?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 10:10:51 PM »
Yes we can share some good news. ShipTrax hardware had a last minute problem and we had to wait for a small change to be implemented and then test it. All is back on track now. Once it is out our team will focus solely on RadarBox.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 07:44:40 AM »
I seem to remember this quote from Dev on January 28 this year;

"Regarding further developments: we understand some users get impatient but one more time we confirm that we are involved in 5 different projects for 2011. We can't disclose any details for now unfortunately and we understand your frustration because of this. The RadarBox database problems will be sorted out as soon as ShipTrax software development finishes (ShipTrax will be released in mid April and the software will be ready a long time before that)."

I for one would love to have an insight into what these are, as did many members back in January this year.

Whilst we all appreciate these things are fraught with problems,Shiptrax in particular,seems to be setting new levels of spin.

It was certainly a good move to quote "April" without an attached year! 2012 maybe?

We all look forward to seeing the other four projects next year then eh?

Honestly..................................

« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:46:29 AM by Marpleman »

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 08:32:28 AM »
With all their resources how long does it take Microsoft to put out their latest and greatest.  Cut them some slack, its not as if your existing software doesnt do what it says on the tin.

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »
They don't do themselves any favours though do they?

This post was started by Dev a month ago.If they don't want anyone taking them to task, then why post with continued meaningless timescales and promises to make it look like something (?) is on the horizon?

Shooting themselves in the foot comes to mind?

There's only so much slack to be cut!

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 09:20:48 AM »
Fortunately ShipTrax is almost finished and as promised many times by our team we will soon be ready to start improving the RadarBox client application again.

Not much there about promised timescales, I see it more of an update and even since then we were advised of a now resolved hardware problem which further delayed Shiptrax.

Its like weans getting all excited about Christmas.  Theres always some that get too excited and search about the house looking for their presents and cant resist taking a peek.

Yes we were advised there would be a new version and yes Dev started the thread a month ago but things change, problems occur and they have to be fixed which mean delays to other things you wanted to do, it happens every day in life.  I agree that sometime saying less is better than saying more butusers were asking whats next.

Even when they really start and devote all their resources, its still going to take a while to write and re-write 600-700 Mb of new code a few times before they can even start testing it so its going to take some time yet before there will be anything even remotely workable on the table.  I for one would rather they took their time and got a right good upgraded version of Radarbox ready for the market.

Alan

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »
Its like weans getting all excited about Christmas. Theres always some that get too excited and search about the house looking for their presents and cant resist taking a peek.

Dear Santa Please can I have ShipTrax for Christmas?

Santa replies............................ "Hopefully December 2020"

;-)

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
Ho Ho Ho bah humbug

You are just grumpy coz your team is nearly out of the premier European competition unlike the real Manchester team!!!

Alan

bratters

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 11:29:59 AM »
"All is back on track now. Once it is out our team will focus solely on RadarBox."

Here is yet another completely meaningless statement which gives absolutely no indication whatsoever as to when any improved Radarbox client application will be available. Just how long is it that we've been waiting for that long list of bug fixes to be addressed? Three years? Four years?

"I for one would rather they took their time and got a right good upgraded version of Radarbox ready for the market" says Runway 31. Well, no problem there Runway, you'll get your wish in spades.  Unfortunately I think many of us will be long gone by then and I'll have probably kicked the bucket myself.

Time to move on.

eyeinthesky

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 11:32:26 AM »
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.