anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "via" routes missing/incorrect in new DB  (Read 5902 times)

knight01

"via" routes missing/incorrect in new DB
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:28:03 PM »
In the new database, from what I've noticed there are many "via - connecting" three way routes missing. 

For example: the route for Qantas QFA30 in the new DB is EGLL > VHHH, but it should be EGLL > VHHH > YMML. Same for QFA29 VHHH > EGLL, it should be YMML > VHHH > EGLL.

Delta 009: In DB as DAL9 - EGLL > KATL.
should be DAL9 - EGLL > KATL > KTPA.

If I delete the route from the database and re-populate from the server, it goes back to the incorrect routing and deletes the "connecting" flight from the route.

To date I've corrected "via - connecting" routes for many flight numbers and airlines inc. United, Virgin, BA, TAM, KLM etc.  But I'm now getting impatient correcting these, because I don't know how many "via - connecting" routes are missing in the database. Is the server not able to handle these routes.

If someone has a correct routes database and can send me their correct routes in CSV file.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:30:01 PM by knight01 »

ACW367

Re: "via" routes missing/incorrect in new DB
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 01:51:19 AM »
Knight01
Airnav Dev are aware of this serious issue, but have not for some reason best known to them responded to your post.  I can only apologise that your observation has not been acknowledged by the only area that can rectify the issue.

The 'via' routings have been corrupted in the last three database updates, since Mid-August.  Us updaters have highlighted it with examples to Airnav since that time and on release of each of these Navdatas, however as it is outside our area, all we could do was point it out. 

I attach a prime example

As you can see from the other postings about route issues, can I suggest that you PM Airnav Dev direct with the further observations you have made of this, as the more evidence they have, the easier it may be to fix. 

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:04:39 PM »
This is being looked at as mentioned above, and we hope with the winter route update this should be resolved.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Chris11

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »
Any reason why there are no routes showing for Wizz Air?

EK01

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 12:14:20 PM »
Chris,

Probably the same mysterious reason why the Easyjet and Easyjet Switzerland alpha numeric routes are missing ie who knows !

Try the following site for routes and enter your successes in manually. I have managed to fill in the majority of the Easyjet alpha numerics along with some of the Thomsons although, so far nothing on the Thomas Cook and Niki alpha numerics the latter being a major issue in this area of Spain. No doubt they will soon appear. Probably a lot of changes for the winter season but strange how the details are on this site but not showing on AN.

http://data.flight24.com/

Ian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 12:34:54 PM »
Any reason why there are no routes showing for Wizz Air?

I can see 283 WZZ routes in the latest navdata database, but maybe Wizz Air have changed their FlightIDs recently.

In which case, there are 527 WZZ routes available in the FILES area at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PP-logs-and-routes/  You can extract the ones you want, and enter them into the ROUTES table in your navdata database.