AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

How would you react to a “Network Maximum Effort” day?

I do share so it doesn’t make any difference to me – I WILL share on the day if I can.
62 (78.5%)
I don’t share, but WILL share if I can on Max Effort day.
10 (12.7%)
I don’t share, and will NOT take part in the Max Effort experiment because I think it’s pointless/a gimmick/against my personal beliefs.
5 (6.3%)
I don’t share, and like the idea of sharing, but will NOT take part in the Max Effort experiment because I’m worried about the legality of sharing in my location.
2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: POLL: Network Max Effort plan  (Read 10537 times)

jannuh

Re: POLL: Network Max Effort plan
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 11:19:39 AM »
At the moment 90% will share on NME-day, 63 users, 56 of them are alltime sharers.
Stay 7 sharers who promise to share at NME-day, so maybe 4 effectively do share....

Pffff what a relief for A.N., their servers can manage that I know for sure!!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 03:24:42 PM »
Our server has been upgraded in Aug/Sep and can now deal with up to 2500 RadarBox units feeding data simultaneously.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
Must be female if it can multi-task as well as that.   ;-))
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »
ANDev, I know the answer to this'll be that it would go against your commercial interests to answer the question, but I'll give it a shot - How many RBs have actually been sold worldwide to date?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

bratters

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:13:34 AM »
ANDev, I know the answer to this'll be that it would go against your commercial interests to answer the question, but I'll give it a shot - How many RBs have actually been sold worldwide to date?

Let's have a crack at that using the figures here and Airnav's responses earlier in the thread.

"Common misconception bratters is that every RadarBox customer signs up to the forum and participates. From our support stats we can clearly see that 60%+ of customers do not sign up to the forum.  From the users who signup to the forum the majority are prospective customers. Finally from the RB customers signed up to the forum only 15-20% of them actively participate (1 post in the last year) . You can quickly see the view of the forum cannot always be taken to be the majority view of our customers."

So 75 (+/-) responders apparently represents 15% of Forum membership so forum membership is 75/15*100 = 500.

As Forum membership is only 35%(+/-) of overall box ownership the total box ownership must be 500/35*100= 1430 give or take.

Bit early in the morning for me so E&OE chaps.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:05 AM »
Since RadarBox was released almost all vendors shifted from giving importance to our competitors and start selling RadarBox instead (just open an aviation and radio magazine and you will see that all virtual radar ads focus on RadarBox).

Even ML&S which used to sell SBS now only offers RadarBox as their Virtual Radar solution. It is obvious to find out why.

The number of RadarBox units sold is much higher that what you mentioned - multiply it by 7 or 8 and you will be closer.

bratters

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2011, 12:25:16 PM »
Since RadarBox was released almost all vendors shifted from giving importance to our competitors and start selling RadarBox instead (just open an aviation and radio magazine and you will see that all virtual radar ads focus on RadarBox).

Even ML&S which used to sell SBS now only offers RadarBox as their Virtual Radar solution. It is obvious to find out why.

The number of RadarBox units sold is much higher that what you mentioned - multiply it by 7 or 8 and you will be closer.

I make that in excess of 10000 units and circa £4million at retail prices. That's not bad going Airnav, not bad at all. :)

sidskeg

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 05:55:11 PM »

Not immediately obvious. As far as I can tell, ML&S seem to be offering SBS and RB on their website.
Can you confirm ?
Sid

Netcop

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2011, 07:50:52 AM »
Hi Rod,

From my point of view your idea about Max Effort Day day is very interesting and timely - my suggestion is to organize not even Max Effort, but a RadarBox World Network Day 2011.

During this day AirNav should grant a 24-hour access (let’s say from 00:00 to 23:59 UTC) to real-time RadarBox network for all the RadarBox users regardless of their network subscription status.

Original Maх Effort plan presupposes  that some people who is ready to share their data in network during this day just won’t be able to see the results of their Radarbox screens becаuse don’t have a valid network subscription.

This may be a very good marketing and ads event for Airnav as well. Besides newsletter AirNav may open special section on their website with live full screen world map of RadarBox network during this day, along with the live counters for the number of tracking flights, number of stations and the list of participating countries.

This website section will also give a possibility to see our network live picture to not only RadarBox owners but also for a lot of potential customers around the world.

Rod, AirNav, Dear Colleagues - what do you think about this idea?  - you comments and opinions are more that welcome.

Regards,
Nick

P.S.  As for a number of RadarBox units that were sold up to date, we should take in consideration that probably a rather significant number (if not the fair share of it) is used most likely by Airnav’s corporate customers, not by hobby amateurs.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 08:20:29 AM by Netcop »
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2011, 02:26:14 PM »
Hi Nick

That's an excellent idea. However it would probably take a lot of effort from AirNav to organise, not only on the publicity side, but also on the server side - authorising all those extra boxes.

A comment from AirNav about this would be useful at this point, but it would certainly be a great taster for existing users who don't subscribe, and superb publicity.

Rod
Rod