AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simple question for AirNav - When will ShipTrax be launched?  (Read 6244 times)

Tramline

Simple question for AirNav - When will ShipTrax be launched?
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:03:47 AM »
I use RadarBox, I have no interest in soppy old ships cruising around at snails pace while I'm based inland near LHR.   I'm interested in my ANRB and enjoy using it, but when are we going to see updates to RB?

When is ShipTrax finally going to be launched? 

You must know!!
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Simple question for AirNav - When will ShipTrax be launched?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
Tramline,

If you view the ShipTrax forum you will see the hardware is in final testing. Once the thumbs up is given it can then proceed to final testing with the software and then its ready for release. We don't have a date for these as hardware testing is not something you can put a date on, if issues are found they have to be rectified and then the hardware retested again. We understand the customers waiting for ShipTrax and we are pushing as much as we can to get it tested fully and get the sign off.

Regarding RadarBox work is going on regarding bug fixes and enhancements however full development time will be placed on RadarBox once ShipTrax is ready for release. We understand the delays in Shiptrax have been causing a backlog affecting other projects and we are doing our best to get this back on track.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:46:53 AM »
To be honest, that answer doesn't help at all.  You must have some idea when you'll see ShipTrax released surely?

eyeinthesky

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »
Thank you for that response AirNav Support, and I understand giving dates is not the answer, will look forward to the release.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Tramline

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:26 AM »
Thank you for that response AirNav Support, and I understand giving dates is not the answer, will look forward to the release.

Giving a date or a rough idea of a release date WOULD be the answer.

Dav&Anm show,best two comedians on the internet?  No, I can name a better comedian.....

eyeinthesky

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:11:16 AM »

Dav&Anm show,best two comedians on the internet?  No, I can name a better comedian.....

Thanks.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 09:13:36 AM »

And Airnav would then be criticised if they then missed that release date.  I'm involved in beta testing, and I have to say that the delays are frustrating, but some of the issues found during beta testing were a surprise to me, so I can understand why Airnav cannot commit to a release date yet.

I say they should press on with fixing the ShipTrax beta testing issues, with a bit more urgency, but not commit to a release date until we have more confidence with a final version of hardware/firmware/software.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:15:31 AM by tarbat »

Tramline

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 09:18:53 AM »
Hi Tarbat, surely a rough release date could be given though, the constant delays and vague 'a few months' can easily mean two months, six months or thirty six months. 

The only criticism of AirNav is this vague finger in the air retort which helps no one does it.

jannuh

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
Maybe A.N. Staff is learning from the past; better give no date then have to rectify it > 10 times!

Better put thoroughly tested soft- and hardware on the market then having to deal with > 50 bugs!

On the other hand pure Radarbox users just await the date that AN starts working again on the Radarbox;
maybe that question is more asked then any question about Shiptrax...  ;-)

Netcop

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:36:29 AM »
Colleagues – you know time from time on the forum we can see people discussing the fact then AirNav started to work on new software version for RadarBox.

I think the answer to this question is very simple and not really connected to ShipTrax (or other products) development.

I wrote in other topic in July:

Your words about “new ideas” and “interesting features’’ reminds me words of Boeing forecasters at Paris Air Show showing that new Boeing solution will be better than new Airbus 320NEO.

Moreover, they (Boeing) even emphasize that  current 737NG is much better than our competitors’ future product A320NEO and expect to announce their plans until end of the year.

It’s was on the first days of the show. And what we saw in following next days was a few hundred orders for NEO and only a few dozens for NG.  It was a real kick in Boeing’s ass, excuse my language.  After return to Everett Boeing guys start thinking and acting very quickly, just on the rocket speeds. In a few weeks time we saw a new 737MAX introduction and their sales guys got off a jerk like racing dogs to grab at least a half of  American’s  narrow-body big order even before this 737MAХ program was approved by Boeing’s Board of Directors.

If we regard AirNav as Boeing  they just don’t have their own Airbus on ADS-B market. AirNav doesn’t have a real strong competitor.  That’s why they feel relaxed now. That why AirNav finds it appropriate to communicate with the customers in the “answering machine mode” here on this forum.  It is for sure a pretty sophisticated answering mаchine, which may analyze the questions and requests and depending on how serious the issue is and competence of the enquirer is it provides answers in three or four different modes such as: “all virtual radar ads focus on RadarBox”, “as soon as ShipTrax is released”, “this is minor problem” and (for really serious issues) “this is industry wide problem”.

So colleagues, if you ask me when AirNav starts moving on the full sреed to improve the current 3.13 or when it provides us with really new 5.хх, my answer will be – not earlier than а new strong competitor’s product will be presented on hobby ADS-B market. Or in other words when our AirNav receives his own kick, excuse me again. Will the new announced product from its closest competitor appear to be this very  kick? I hope so...

Anyway, I want to believe that AirNav’s СЕО is not just а businessman, but also a visionary guy for the future hobby ADS-B market. AirNav RadarBox users have a perfect hobby product from his company now, so make it a fantastic one. From my point of view, RadarBox is the only product offered now for the guys who  want to be “advanced sку viewers as click”, but not those “advanced software puzzle makers in months”. Even if I take in consideration the fact that retired “software puzzle” product from nearest competitor handles “industry wide problem”  far much better than its current AirNav rival...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:05:22 PM by Netcop »
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »
Very nice email. We are not answering machines. :-)

We have 5 projects being developed on the background: the problem is that we cannot control all development stages and sometimes we have to wait for ages for something to have the quality we are looking for.

Anyway all our users be sure we are working hard to add some amazing products. It's a matter of when. If we could click a button and have all the external development done in a minute it would be amazing but in this world we are dependent on several factors we cannot control, unfortunately.

Anyway be sure we are very happy with what we do and work will never stop to add new products as important, easy-to-use and market leaders as RadarBox is.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
We have 5 projects being developed on the background: the problem is that we cannot control all development stages and sometimes we have to wait for ages for something to have the quality we are looking for.

Hi ANDev, perhaps it would be better to reduce your ambitions and get one product's glitches, bugs and problems sorted before trying to spread your wings too wide.   It is obvious from your repeated statements over the last few years that you just don't have adequate resources to do a proper job on anything.   Stop trying to run before you can walk foor heaven's sake.

Also please give a definitive answer as to how many RadarBoxes have actually been sold - I dare you.....
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!