AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Moving planes for live radarbox network?  (Read 2647 times)

aircraftenthusiast2000

Moving planes for live radarbox network?
« on: October 08, 2011, 09:52:51 PM »
Flightradar 24 have introduced a brilliant moving aircraft display to their flight tracker. Is it possible for Airnav to implement a live moving aircraft display to the radarbox live network traffic? At present radarbox users can only view moving aircraft from their own radarbox aerial.
I frequently view Paris CDG/Orly on the radarbox network, and it would be lovely to see moving aircraft on the network rather than the present update system.
Thanks
aircraftenthusiast2000

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: Moving planes for live radarbox network?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
Hello

While this would be a good optional feature in Radarbox, Flightradar24 does actually still use "the present update system". It is just that between updates the aircraft icon on the screen moves along a predicted path based on the last speed and heading that was updated so if the aircraft speeds up, slows down or turns between updates then at the next update it will jump.

I hope this Helps

Andrew

aircraftenthusiast2000

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:41:38 AM »
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for your reply regarding my request for airnav to include moving aircraft icons into the live radarbox network traffic. The live moving aircraft icons on Flightradar24 updates so frequently i would estimate every 10-15 secs that you dont see many aircraft jump around on the map during updates. With Planefinder and Planeplotter also operating this feature, it would be great to see airnav add this to the live radarbox network
especially since the radarbox Paris airports network coverage is the best of the lot at present.
This moving aircraft icon feature for the live radarbox network users would definitely be a improvement on the present live radarbox network traffic update display.
Many thanks
aircraftenthusiast2000

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:33:55 PM »
Thanks, we will look to include this in the next version.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »
Flightradar 24 have introduced a brilliant moving aircraft display to their flight tracker.

I hope Flightradar24's system works better than planefinder.net.  They also use a prediction technique, and it often puts the aircraft up to 20 miles out of position.  Take this EZY393 flight as an example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6166134888/sizes/o/in/photostream/

If Airnav do consider including this in the next version, then at least provide options to turn prediction ON/OFF, and also an option to set an altitude below which prediction is OFF.

See previous discussions at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2834.msg25078#msg25078
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 02:06:58 PM by tarbat »