anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harware compatability  (Read 3173 times)

welsh dai

Harware compatability
« on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:04 PM »
I was recently bought a Samsung NC110 Netbook under windows 7 starter and Atom twin core processor N550 with 2gb memeory.In devices ANRB is said to be worjking correctly
I have installed the software V3.13 and can load up BUT not flights. The harware box is constant checking . The power light shows when plugged in intially but no further action eevn when internet connection is on

Question  1  Is the computer capable of driving the software
Question  2  Is win 7 starter not capable and need to upgrade
Question  3  Any other changes needed

I thought this net book would last for longer on its bateries than my current laptop which lasts for 1-1.5 hrs only

Thanks
David

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
Re: Harware compatability
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
Do you have the latest drivers installed, you can download them from here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/support.html
Install the drivers and then plug in the ANRB's USB cable.
You may also have to run the ANRB software as "Administrator" in Win7. Just right click on the desktop icon and click the "Run as Administrator" button.

When the software loads, do you see a green icon and "Hardware: Connected" in the bottom right of the screen?

welsh dai

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Hi Budgie, Thanks for suggestion but all looked good with power light on box but when software started
programme keeps asking for home station data. I fill in the details but cannot close out. . Henc e I cannot chnage prefences to stop picture download to redcue load on the netbook. Any suggestions?

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »
All I can suggest is to uninstall ANRB and the drivers, re-install both without the ANRB box plugged in to the laptop and then start from scratch.
Just go through the setup one by one and see if that makes any difference.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
For the Preferences issue. Start RadarBox in demo mode then go to File -> Preferences and enter your home details, click apply and ok and then exit. Start RadarBox again as normal and you shouldn't be asked for home details.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

welsh dai

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
Many thanks to all help given. Now working well and 5+hours battery life, which is why it was bought.