anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems with database FlightID  (Read 9086 times)

eyeinthesky

Re: Problems with database FlightID
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »
flight id-DT650 and DTA650?
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Aerotower

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »
The source is the same, if you look more closely at the map shows "DTA650."

Aerotower

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »
Another

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
Thanks we will investigate further and get back to you.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Aerotower

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Thanks!

Another one...

Aerotower

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
another

EK01

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
And it will probably revert back to the incorrect information. Every night EZY4GL flies into Alicante. Every night the route incorrectly shows as LGW to MAD and every night I manually change in Database Explorer sometimes by deleting the whole route information and sometimes by just changing to the correct destination but the following night it has reverted back to showing LGW to MAD. The solution - I now just leave it alone !

Major breakthrough !!!!

Tonight, at last, EZY4GL is now showing the correct route of Gatwick to Alicante and NOT Gatwick to Madrid.

Xpress

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
Hi....
I´ll try to ask this as "polite" as I can... some time ago a friend of mine "Aerotower" came here to ask about an issue related to my Database reporting a few times per day some flights, either coming or going from FNLU with a RPLI designation.
After all this time and also after manually changing it back within the database and after replacing my database for the one provided by ANRB, and also after taken some advise from some members, I still have the same issue.
Now, I do have a solution for my problem and I will make sure that it never cames back to hunt me again, but I will like to ask "here" once more for some help. If anyone is willing to help me out, fine, otherwise I´m shothing down my station.
It´s incridible the lack of help we get from the same people that're selling us this equipment. Please.....
Regards
Paulp Santos

As you can see FNLU as changed to RPLI and also...the picture/logo is not corresponding to the TAAG's fleet.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
Hi Zpress

I can't comment about the airport designator, but I can tell you that your "Logo" - the TAAG symbol, seems to be ok. It's the "Silhouette" to the left of it that is showing an aircraft of a different airline. This is a problem that you can get if you use my "photo-silhouettes" as they are linked to the aircraft type, not to the airline. If you don't like that, you can go back to the standard silhouettes as provided with the software.

The larger photo at the bottom of the screen comes from looking up the registration on Airliners.net - we get whatever they've got for that registration.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 03:41:28 PM »
Hi Zpress,

Go into your photo folder and delete the offending photograph(s) oF D2-TED.  Next time you pick it up it should download the server held photo which is different from the one you have on your system.

I would also suggest that you go into database explorer and add the ICAO code E120 to your AT record for D2-FDT.  Have you downloaded the latest Navdata update as the being missing in your screenshot may indicate that you are using an older version.

Hope this helps

Alan

bearcat

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
I turned  my route look up off to stop this problem. I don't use the new route database so not sure what CH field date and time shows.   I think if the date is older than 3 months then it looks for a new route which could cause your routes being overwritten. Change your route to what is required and then change the CH date to today's date/time and give that a  try.

Bearcat

ACW367

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Although the database updater team have no control of these due to one of the longstanding bugs.  The Airnav automatically generated server photos for D2-TED can be seen at these links.  As Runway said, if you delete the offending photos from your photos folder, you will get these photos to replace them.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/D2-TED.jpg
http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/D2-TED,2.jpg

Xpress, I hope you do not leave, but your unhappiness with data quality is shared by many.  Again this is a result of Airnav's longstanding policy of trying to resolve all the database and data presentation features through automated processes.  For those areas where this has not worked (logos, silhouettes, tie-ups, outlines etc) volunteers have stepped in, to try and assist airnav to gain some quality in the data they present users.  However, for the other areas, these issues will never be cured until Airnav have proper human scrutiny of all their automated data feeds.  And that can only happen if they employ a data administrater.  We know their position is that the amount of resource required cannot be yet undertaken within the company structure, because of the overall small scale of the operation/hobby. 

Therefore the automated processes like routes/photo selection will continue to remain of poor quality/value because there is no human scrutiny of what the computer spews out.