AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Using 2 monitors  (Read 1583 times)

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
Using 2 monitors
« on: September 14, 2011, 07:30:43 AM »
Hi guy's - good morning,

Is it possible to display the map in full screen mode on one monitor whilst on the other monitor display the Interface allowing all the sections to be viewed?
Best regards Dave.

cool_1

Re: Using 2 monitors
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Hi Dave (from East Devon),

I can run Airnav in multi monitor mode with the full interface on the left hand side, and with a full map on the right hand side. 
To do this I actually span Airnav in windows mode (using regular Nvidia monitor software - which is part of the driver installation), and drag the application over the full width. Its not true Full Screen mode, but the overall effect is virtually the same, as I can see every aircraft info field on the LHS interface without scrolling.   
Im running with a 24" Samsung, and 19 inch Iiyama, which gives plenty of viewing options.
One other favorite is with '3D mode' stretched over the dual monitors, which gives a wonderful panaramic Google Earth view.  Almost as good as an Imax theatre... ;-)

Regards,
Jon 
(also from Devon-  on the Exe Estuary  - not far from the old WWII radar station)

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »
Hi Jon,

That's a pretty good suggestion. I've done as you've advised and yes, it works a treat. I'm using a 17" laptop together with a 15" Dell monitor and as you say after dragging the ANRB program over the entire screen area can view the interface in it's entirity with the map on the other monitor.

I'll check out the 3D later too as that might be quite a picture :)

As I'm across the river from you, hows your coverage doing? I'm using a Watson antenna roof mounted. Take a look at the polar view to date.

Many thanks Jon for the info - pretty pleased with the results. Cheers Dave.
Best regards Dave.

Brimon

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 11:06:54 AM »
Dual monitor display is on my wishlist & has been raised in the Radarbox suggestions thread quite a few times.
I use Ultramon, it takes a wee bit of fiddling about with but the results are okay.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland